Highlighted
New Member.

Issues while recording hyperlinks in the web application

Jump to solution
Hi All, I am unable to see any data after recording hyperlinks in the web application. Issue:While recording events are not capturing for hyperlinks Steps: 1.Login to the web application 2.Click on hyperlink,then PDF file will open After recording above steps and generating script,I am not seeing any data for step-2 I have tried in vugen 11.03 and 12 version but no luck. Can someone help me on this issue. Thanks, Sravan
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Re: Issues while recording hyperlinks in the web application

Jump to solution

If you are launching a PDF, it will not record this area. If it records up until you select the PDF link, it is doing fine. Load Runner will not navigate through a PDF. It can "download" the PDF and verify it has downloaded, a quick google search along the lines of "HP Load Runner download PDF" will return what you need.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Investigate what the hyperlink actually is. Does it link directly to a PDF? Or is it a javascript function that launches Adobe with the PDF?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Jump to solution

If you are launching a PDF, it will not record this area. If it records up until you select the PDF link, it is doing fine. Load Runner will not navigate through a PDF. It can "download" the PDF and verify it has downloaded, a quick google search along the lines of "HP Load Runner download PDF" will return what you need.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

Jump to solution
Hi Nicholas..I tried as per your instructions and it is working fine
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.