Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Issues with Ajax TruClient in Vugen 11.52 patch1

Hello,

I have an issue with Ajax TruClient Firefox protocol - it seems like the link between vugen and ff extension is not working - on attachments 2.png and 3.png are screenshots of script being opened in vugen and then after clicking on develop. The same behavior is with the new script - I record it, but when I try to save it, it wont save. The worst thing is it used to work on the same machine couple of weeks ago and now it's not even after reinstalling perf center host. Ajax TrueClient for IE seems to work fine, its only the firefox version causing these problems. Does anyone have a solution for this?

Thank you very much.

Jakub Spirk

Tags (1)
0 Likes
24 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Re: Issues with Ajax TruClient in Vugen 11.52 patch1

Hello

can you please send any script showing this behavior, it looks like an environment issue, but I would like to verify.

Beside, can you please clarify if this is LoadRunner or Vugen SA and you windows version, are you local administrator?

regards 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

were you able to resolve the issue.?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Hello Jakub,

Did you get some resolution on this issue. I am having the same problem and unable to record anything in Ajax truclient and like you mentioned it worked on the first day and then it stopped working.

I see the script getting recorded but cannot replay or save and nothing gets sent back to VUGEN. I just have a blank script. Other thing I have observed is the windows wait icon spinning in front of VUGEN like its waiting for something to happen.

Any help would be really appreciated

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

Is it an upgrade from 11.52/11.51?

Could you please send the console log (CTRL+SHIFT+J when the browser is up)?

Also, close VuGen and the Browser. Go to %appdata%/Hewlett-Packard/LoadRunner/ and delete web2 folder.

Guy Rosenthal
Network Virtualization PM
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Attached is the word file with all details. I tried the fix you have mentioned in the post above and it still doesnt work.

This was an upgrade from ALM/PC V11 to ALM/PC V11.50, then applied patch 00291 to get to V11.52, followed by patch 00292 to get to V11.52 patch 01.

The wierd thing is it works perfectly fine for a day or 2, after the initial install and after that it stops working. Doesnt work even after I uninstall and reinstall on that machine from then on.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

We still suspect that the problem may be in the installation process. Perhaps one or more files failed to get registered. In order to check this, please perform the following steps:

1. go to %temp% folder (aka "C:\Users\[your user name]\AppData\Local\Temp")

2. find the file named LoadRunner.log

3. open it

4. look for the following sentence: "Complete executing deffered CA with error 3"

If you find something like this, please send us the log file and we'll investigate the issue.

Thanks!

Gal, LoadRunner R&D

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Hello Gal,

I checked for  "Complete executing deffered CA with error 3" in the PChost.log and did not find it. But i see the below error messages frequently in the HP.LR.Vugen log. Please provide me with an email address and I can send you these logs.

2013-11-01 15:58:40,567 UTT [ 1] ERROR - The target file C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Hewlett-Packard\LoadRunner\Web2\lrweb2_master_prefs.json already exists and will not be overwritten
2013-11-01 15:58:40,567 UTT [ 1] ERROR - The target file C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Hewlett-Packard\LoadRunner\Web2\lrweb2_user_prefs.json already exists and will not be overwritten
2013-11-01 16:05:34,523 UTT [ 1] ERROR - The target file C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Hewlett-Packard\LoadRunner\Web2\lrweb2_master_prefs.json already exists and will not be overwritten
2013-11-01 16:05:34,523 UTT [ 1] ERROR - The target file C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Hewlett-Packard\LoadRunner\Web2\lrweb2_user_prefs.json already exists and will not be overwritten
2013-11-04 08:32:02,171 UTT [ 1] ERROR - Failed to convert "0" to type System.Int32.
System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
at System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal)
at System.Number.ParseInt32(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info)
at System.String.System.IConvertible.ToInt32(IFormatProvider provider)
at System.Convert.ChangeType(Object value, Type conversionType, IFormatProvider provider)
at System.Convert.ChangeType(Object value, Type conversionType)
at HP.Utt.Common.ConversionUtils.SafeConvertTo(Object inputValue, Type targetType, Object& outputValue) in e:\LT\UTT\win32_release\11.52.107.2\src\Infra\app\UTTCommon\ConversionUtils.cs:line 34
2013-11-04 08:32:17,055 UTT [ 1] ERROR - Failed to convert "0" to type System.Int32.
System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
at System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal)
at System.Number.ParseInt32(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info)
at System.String.System.IConvertible.ToInt32(IFormatProvider provider)
at System.Convert.ChangeType(Object value, Type conversionType, IFormatProvider provider)
at System.Convert.ChangeType(Object value, Type conversionType)
at HP.Utt.Common.ConversionUtils.SafeConvertTo(Object inputValue, Type targetType, Object& outputValue) in e:\LT\UTT\win32_release\11.52.107.2\src\Infra\app\UTTCommon\ConversionUtils.cs:line 34

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

I also see this DataCollectionAgent throwing a lot of errors in the event log. This might not be related to the issue, i am having but I am sending this just for reference.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

GMANDD,

I am having the same issue. How were you able to resolve this?

Thanks.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Hello

Check on the FF version, I saw this same behavior last week and it was becasue the TC FF got updated, it that is your situation I guess you need to reinstall.

regards

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Can anyone please confirm where to start with mobile recording against an Android emulator (sdk)

I have not used loadrunner for mobile performance and used the mobile ajax tru client but when starting a recording do not see an emulator...

I have an idea on how to install the apk on the emulator...

What is the process for recording?

Do I need to have a specific add in installed in vUgen to connect the the sdk?

Please advise....

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.