Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Japanese Character Encoding issues

Hello,

When trying to script Japanese sites I have numerous issues with encoded Japanese text. 

For the Encoding Options that I select I get the below outputs: 

1) When no charset support - unable to text check Japanese words, unable to correlate or parametrize Japanese. The data passed to/from servers appears as garbled japanese/chinese encoded somehow.

2) When using UTF-8 - Almost similar as above, but this allows for text checks in Japanese.

3) When using EUC-JP - this simply doesnt work at all, the text checks dont work, even when they are the page titles generated during recording. 

I tried on various versions of LR namely; LR 11.50, 11.52, 12.02

OS:  All on Win 7 (Both Japanse and English localizsed Windows versions are the same)

Prtocol: WebProtocol.

Also noticed that when I record a script it will work, the encoded text gets passed as correct Japanese, but when I try to "save as" it will suddenly stop working. (the encoded data looks the same, further if I compared the files they are the same)

Also when i try to rename the Action that was used for recording; the text checks that were in readable Japanese becomes garbled encoded text, and eventually script stops working.

Any help is greatly appreciated....

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.