Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Java Record Replay Compilation process failed

Hi,

I am using LoadRunner 12.5 to record with Java Record Replay protocol a JNLP aplication.

I mannaged to record it but when I run it the following error ocures:

Compilation process failed. [MsgId: MERR-22997]
The system is out of resources. [MsgId: MERR-22986]
Consult the following stack trace for details. [MsgId: MERR-22986]
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space [MsgId: MERR-22986]

P.S. In runtime settings at additional VM parameters I used -Xmn2048M -Xmx2048M an less but with no result. Same error.

I am using a Windows Server 2008 R2 on a virtual machine with 16G of ram.

Can anybody help me?

0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Re: Java Record Replay Compilation process failed

Hi,

Please check in the jnlp file for Heap  and increase it.

I hope you have implemented the PATH , CLASSPATH and downloaded all the jars (given in  jnlp file).

As per Document ID: KM169714,  You have to configure all the settings  for JNLP  configuration . If all the the settings are correct, start recording and stop it immediately without any event and replay the empty script . You should not get any errors.

Please let me know whether your application is JMS ,JACADA or CORBA  0R RMI .  Also choose the correct option from recording option during recording.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

I searched the JNLP for heap and didn't find anything.

I runned the empty script and it was a succes.

The recording is done using user hooks with RMI protocol.

Now I am recording using a bat with -Xmx and -Xms arguments, but my recording is lasting too long. About 10 hours just to login. ( 60 000 lines in 6 h)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Hi,

I also faced similar kind of challenges in recording. I think the generated file is too long. It is causing the heap error.

Since it is a Client based application, I would suggest you to go with the any of the three protocol option.

1)GUI Vuser-> QTP script to be imported to Controller directly(Need License to execute in Controller)

2)Use Citrix Protocol

3)Use RDP Protocol

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Thank you for the help!

I mannaged to make it compile using _JAVA_OPTIONS="-Xms512m -Xmx1024m" to environment variables.

Now I need to find a solution for the recording because it takes too long (3 days just to login )

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Hi,

I would like to know the time taken for the application launched manually.

Is the application taking more time similar to the recorded time in LoadRunner ?

Regards,

Raghul

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.