Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Java Script Error - while recording with Truclient FF and TruClient IE

1 ) When I am trying to record Truclient Script with Firefox following java script error is displayed in Firebug console.

Error: ActiveXObject is not defined --in Audit.JS Line 12.
when I looked at line 12 in Audit.JS --following code is present.
var xmlObj = new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XmlDom") ;

So I am guessing above error is due to Microsoft xml dom object is not compatible with firefox. Please correct me If I am wrong.

2) When same script recorded with Truclient IE, I am getting following error in IE console.

Error: (Code=0) Object doesn't support property or method 'Open';
Line: 27; Character: 5; Audit.JS
When I looked at Audit.JS, following code is present.
Line 26 - var xmlHTTP = new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP") ;
Line 27 - xmlHTTP.Open("Post", "" + scriptDepth + "/WebServices/AuditWebService.asmx", false) ;

Please suggest how can I fix this java script error.

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Java Script Error - while recording with Truclient FF and TruClient IE

1) Firefox doesn't support ActiveX Object.

2) Can you see the same problem in Microsoft IE browser instead of TC IE browser?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

I am not seeing same problem in Microsoft IE browser. Problem is only with Truclient IE.

In Truclient IE console, I am seeing following error.

Error: (Code=0) Object doesn't support property or method 'Open';

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

The issue is related, most likely, to differences in security permissions. Is the site you browse defined in Trusted sites in IE by any chance? I assume you have less permissions in TC IE hence the failure.

In order to define the site in trusted sites list in TC IE you need to contact HP support for assistance

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.