Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Java Standalone Application Recording

Hi Team,

I am trying to record Java Standalone application.

I tried to record with Java over http protocop(Events not generated when the main java page launched).

I tried with Java record and replay, after submitting the login credentials (gettting message Error, But no detailed message about the error).

I tried with winsock protocol, able to record, but it is running very slow to complete 1 iteration. Is winsock recommend for executing java application. Please suggest.

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Java Standalone Application Recording

Hello

General idea, regarding choosing right protocol, is quite simple, you can use any LR’s protocol that works and fit your needs.

It is known and expected fact that application while being recorded by LR works slower than it usually works, it happens due to fact that application is instrumented with LR binary code, that preforms required extra actions (sometimes time-consuming) besides usual business actions.

WinSock is basic protocol, low-level, but common for any application that works over network (that is only you need to know about your application), the main disadvantage here that script is hard to read and modification, it represents a network traffic, not a business logic. High-level protocols (Java Over HTTP, Java Record Replay) require be familiar with your application, at least what high-level protocol is used by your application (like RMI, JMS), and configure LR’s recording engine accordingly.

Thanks, Dmitry

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.