Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Java over Http JDK pre requisites

Hello Experts,

I am having request from Performance Team that JDK has to be kept/installed on the Load Generators so that scripts can run.

I checked the pre requisites of Java Protocol and Java Over HTTP and documents says that you need to have custom JDK available/installed on local machine where Vugen scripts are creeted and then in Vugen you refer the path of same JDK,

Do we really need these JDK files in LG as well? We have different project which need different version of JDL and we dnt want to keep JDK on each LG ( more thht 100 LG). Is there any way this can be handled? What do you suggest? Does Performance Center have capability within itself to distribute different JDK on LG?

Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Re: Java over Http JDK pre requisites

Hi @Sranja17 ,

I don't think there is way to let PC push a jdk to the LG, except when you script it yourself as a LR task, but permissions might be an issue.

I assume that you have admin control on those 100 LG's; so it should not be too difficult to do a silent install of a JDK on those LGs (or update your LG-template). It has never been an issue to have multiple JDKs on the same server but a uniform layout over those LGs is important when you want to hard code the JDK path in your runtime settings in PC.

In fact you do not even have to install a JDK. Unpacking a zip file (made from an install) is sufficient when you point to the right path.

Signature:
Reward community members who take time to respond and help.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.