Highlighted
Visitor.

Jenkins Job + Load runner => result folder is overridden for all scenarios

Hi,

I have a Jenkins freestyle job which should execute 100+ scenarios. When i run the job it generates by default LRR file inside LRR folder job get success. But my all scenarios result is override by the last scenario. 

If i choose the option of creating folder every time in LR result settings that generates own custom folder but Jenkins job failed. because during analysis it is not finding a LRR folder.

Is there any solution to have job success with all reports available?

Moreover my end goal is to have response time kind of metrics should be stored in Influx DB.

Welcome and Thanks for valuable solutions.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Re: Jenkins Job + Load runner => result folder is overridden for all scenarios

You stated "Moreover my end goal is to have response time kind of metrics should be stored in Influx DB".

Checkout the capabilities of LRE 2020. With LR 12.xx we did our own interception of lr_*_transaction() and sent the timings to influx (via local telegraf). Calls to localhost did hardly influence the scripting. Note that we did not had nested transactions.

We did this for TruClient as well as C-based scripts.

With C-scripting it is rather easy use something as:

#define lr_end_transaction my_end_transaction

in my_end_transaction you can query the timings of the current open transaction, call the lr_end_transaction and do your call to influxdb (via telegraf).

Signature:
Reward community members who take time to respond and help.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Visitor.

Re: Jenkins Job + Load runner => result folder is overridden for all scenarios

Hi JHF Remmelzwaal,

Could you please provide more details, is there any integration doc available?

Is there any update for my primary problem of overriding? will it be resolved if i do if i  lr_transaction()  in place.

Thanks.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.