I am trying to use the loadrunner 12.0 with the jenkins plugin HP Application Automation Tools,
I have tried almost all the options of this plugin.
1. Running Tests Sets from ALM :
[EnvInject] - Loading node environment variables. Building in workspace /root/.jenkins/jobs/performanceCenter/workspace [workspace] $ /root/.jenkins/jobs/performanceCenter/workspace/HpToolsLauncher.exe -paramfile props13062016142633489.txt Build step 'Execute HP functional tests from HP ALM' changed build result to FAILURE Build step 'Execute HP functional tests from HP ALM' marked build as failure
2. Running Server Side Tests Using HP ALM Lab Management :
Failed to start TEST_SET ID:103, run id: com.hp.alm.platform.exception.CTdException: Failed to prepare timeslot for run. Failed to post SSE_PROCEDURE_TESTSETS values;
3. Running Performance Tests using HP Performance Center :
Sending run request [Domain='DEFAULT', Project='New_Proj', TestID='6', TestInstanceID='35', TimeslotDuration='0:30(h:mm)', PostRunAction='Collate And Analyze'] Logout succeeded Empty Results Result Status: UNSTABLE
I would always prefer the 2nd option to run my tests through jenkins. If anyone aware of this issue please let me know.
Please help me on this. It's urgent.
In order for us to be able to assist you, please answer the following questions:
- What is the jenkins server version you are using?
- Can you run this load test properly via Performance Center UI?
- Can you provide a screenshot of the Design Load Test dialog of this load test?
- Can you provide the logs from the PC Server machine? it is located under <PC Server Install Folder>\orchidtmp\LTLogger\w3wp.
Thanks for the quick reply. To answer your question quickly:
1. I am using the Jenkins 1.646 war file.
2. Yes I am able to run this load test properly via Performance Center UI .
I have attached the snapshot of load test design time and also the logs from PC server.
Waiting for your quick reply.
1. The screenshot you provided is the Test Plan tab on ALM, please provide a screenshot of the Test Runs either on PC or ALM with failed run selected (so we can see the relevant events)
2. On the attached log file there is no correlation between the project name and the project name you mentioned on your first question, could you please verify the ID and Instance ID are correcet, delete the log file, try to run the jenkins test again and then make the screenshot of test runs tab (1) + send the log again?
Just calrifying the things. I have followed the following steps:
1. Added the HP ALM Lab management prebuild step in jenkins job. Attched thesnapshot.
2. Run the job from jenkins. It failes with the above error. Attached the snapshot.
When I ran the job, I thik it's not hitting to the ALM test because of timeslot error thats why there is no failed test run in my system. Attaching the snapshots of test runs that passed when I ran test from ALM not through Jenkins.
I deleted the old log and again ran the job from jenkins but the same log has been created. I am not sure why this is hapening.
Project name is same that is shown in snapshot. Its by mistake that i have mentioned the wrong name in the above post
Please help me by providing the solutions.
* You are using "HP ALM Lab Managmnent" build step to run Performance Center Tests, Please use the "HP Performance Center" build step instead, see attached screenshot.
* When you are making screenshot of the test runs, please select the "Event Log" tab, so we can examine the events.
It is preferred to get the "Test Runs" screenshot from the Performance Center UI.
Now I have selected the "HP Performance Center" build step and getting the same error stated above. Attached the snapshot.
Attached the snapshot of test run from performance center, it shows the the test run that i ran manually.
Making sure to use same test id and test instance id shown in performance center. Attched both the sanapshots of job config page of jenkins and test id page of performance center.
Waiting for a reply.
Hello, im getting a smilar issue while using Performance center build. please suggest me.
Started by user XXXXXXXXX
Building remotely on XXXXXXXX in workspace C:\temp\workspace\BUILD_NAME
- - -
Test description: PCServer
Validating parameters before run
Trying to login
Sending run request
[Domain='DOMAINNAME', Project='PROJECTNAME', TestID='240', TestInstanceID='66', TimeslotDuration='1:30(h:mm)', PostRunAction='Collate And Analyze']
Result Status: UNSTABLE
- - -
Build step 'Execute HP tests using HP Performance Center' changed build result to UNSTABLE
Sending e-mails to: XYZ@XYZ.COM
Notifying upstream projects of job completion
I am trying to parameterize Test ID in Jenkins integration with Performance Center usign HPE Application automation tools plugin. But Test ID field is not accepting parameter name & it allows to enter only integers. But my objective is to parameterize the test id and make it to dynamic.
If any one faced the same issue or know the solution for the same kindly share your solutions.
Attached here the screenshots
This is not supported today. We will prioritize to address that in future releases of the plugin.