Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jenkins with Loadrunner 12

Jump to solution

Hi,

I am trying to use the loadrunner 12.0 with the jenkins plugin HP Application Automation Tools,  

I have tried almost all the options of this plugin.

1. Running Tests Sets from ALM : 

[EnvInject] - Loading node environment variables.
Building in workspace /root/.jenkins/jobs/performanceCenter/workspace
[workspace] $ /root/.jenkins/jobs/performanceCenter/workspace/HpToolsLauncher.exe -paramfile props13062016142633489.txt
Build step 'Execute HP functional tests from HP ALM' changed build result to FAILURE
Build step 'Execute HP functional tests from HP ALM' marked build as failure

2. Running Server Side Tests Using HP ALM Lab Management : 

Failed to start TEST_SET ID:103, run id: com.hp.alm.platform.exception.CTdException: Failed to prepare timeslot for run. Failed to post SSE_PROCEDURE_TESTSETS values;

3. Running Performance Tests using HP Performance Center :  

Sending run request
[Domain='DEFAULT', Project='New_Proj', TestID='6', TestInstanceID='35', TimeslotDuration='0:30(h:mm)', PostRunAction='Collate And Analyze']
Logout succeeded
Empty Results
Result Status: UNSTABLE

I would always prefer the 2nd option to run my tests through jenkins. If anyone aware of this issue please let me know.

Please help me on this. It's urgent.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Jenkins with Loadrunner 12

Jump to solution

Please set Test Id as 35 and Test Instance ID as 6 and try again.

If the test fails please attach log.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
11 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi,

In order for us to be able to assist you, please answer the following questions:

1. What is the jenkins server version you are using?
  2. Can you run this load test properly via Performance Center UI?
  3. Can you provide a screenshot of the Design Load Test dialog of this load test?
  4. Can you provide the logs from the PC Server machine? it is located under <PC Server Install Folder>\orchidtmp\LTLogger\w3wp.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi Sabrine1,

1. The screenshot you provided is the Test Plan tab on ALM, please provide a screenshot of the Test Runs either on PC or ALM with failed run selected (so we can see the relevant events)

2.  On the attached log file there is no correlation between the project name and the project name you mentioned on your first question, could you please verify the ID and Instance ID are correcet, delete the log file, try to run the jenkins test again and then make the screenshot of test runs tab (1) + send the log again?

Thanks,

Hanan.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi Hanan,

Just calrifying the things. I have followed the following steps:

1. Added the HP ALM Lab management prebuild step in jenkins job. Attched thesnapshot.

2. Run the job from jenkins. It failes with the above error. Attached the snapshot.

When I ran the job, I thik it's not hitting to the ALM test because of timeslot error thats why there is no failed test run in my system. Attaching the snapshots of test runs that passed when I ran test from ALM not through Jenkins.

I deleted the old log and again ran the job from jenkins but the same log has been created. I am not sure why this is hapening.

Project name is same that is shown in snapshot. Its by mistake that i have mentioned the wrong name in the above post

Please help me by providing the solutions.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi,

* You are using "HP ALM Lab Managmnent" build step to run Performance Center Tests, Please use the "HP Performance   Center" build step instead, see attached screenshot.

* When you are making screenshot of the test runs, please select the "Event Log" tab, so we can examine the events.

It is preferred to get the "Test Runs" screenshot from the Performance Center UI.

Regards,
Hanan.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi Hanan,

Now I have selected the "HP Performance Center" build step and getting the same error stated above. Attached the snapshot.

Attached the snapshot of test run from performance center, it shows the the test run that i ran manually.

Making sure to use same test id and test instance id shown in performance center. Attched both the sanapshots of job config page of jenkins and test id page of performance center.

Waiting for a reply.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Please set Test Id as 35 and Test Instance ID as 6 and try again.

If the test fails please attach log.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Thanks Hanan for all your help.

It worked .

Really thanks  a ton 🙂

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.. Contributor..
Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hello, im getting a smilar issue while using Performance center build. please suggest me.

Started by user XXXXXXXXX
Building remotely on XXXXXXXX in workspace C:\temp\workspace\BUILD_NAME
- - -
Test description: PCServer
Validating parameters before run
Trying to login
[PCServer='00.00.000.000', User='USERNAME']
Login succeeded
Sending run request
[Domain='DOMAINNAME', Project='PROJECTNAME', TestID='240', TestInstanceID='66', TimeslotDuration='1:30(h:mm)', PostRunAction='Collate And Analyze']
Logout succeeded
Empty Results
Result Status: UNSTABLE
- - -
Build step 'Execute HP tests using HP Performance Center' changed build result to UNSTABLE
Sending e-mails to: XYZ@XYZ.COM
Notifying upstream projects of job completion
Finished: UNSTABLE

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Visitor.

Jump to solution

HI All,

I am trying to parameterize Test ID in Jenkins integration with Performance Center usign HPE Application automation tools plugin. But Test ID field is not accepting parameter name & it allows to enter only integers. But my objective is to parameterize the test id and make it to dynamic.

If any one faced the same issue or know the solution for the same kindly share your solutions.

Attached here the screenshots

Creating parameter for test IDCreating parameter for test IDPC2_1.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi,

This is not supported today. We will prioritize to address that in future releases of the plugin.

Regards,

Shlomi

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.