Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Kerberos Authentication in True Client LR

Can someone tell me how to implement Kerberos authentication in True Client.

Thanks in Advance!

Nikhil Kamboj

0 Likes
8 Replies
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: Kerberos Authentication in True Client LR

Hi Nikhil,

For the most part, implementing authentication in TruClient is quite straightforward.

See this blog post on the subject:

https://community.microfocus.com/t5/LoadRunner-and-Performance/How-to-record-and-enhance-the-browser-s-native-login-prompt-in/ba-p/1618668

Note that the actual implementation depends on your application and environment.

Edo

0 Likes
Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Hi Edo,

Thanks for your response.

I have tried these steps but it did not work for my application. The application is Using Kerberos Authentication, So are these steps also valid for kerberos authentication? I found implementation of Kerberos authentication in web protocol attaching same here,the same i have to implement in True Client. I hope you understand my issue.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Hi Nikhil, 

It is possible to record Kerberos authentication using TruClient Web protocol and Chromium browser. 

The first step will be to select the “Prompt me for NTLM credentials in Chromium” in TruClient General Settings under “Browser Settings” tab.

Make sure to select “Chromium” as the development browser.

Upon recording, you will be prompt for credentials and your input will be recorded in a dedicated step.

Later on, the recorded step can be enhanced and parametrize as describe in the above blog post.

Best Regards

Asaf

Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Thanks Asaf for your response,

I tried "Prompt me for NTLM credentials in Chromium" option, but There is no pop up showing there for NTLM Authentication while navigating the URL. It is directly going to the URL. Is there any other setting that need to be done. 

Best Regards,

Nikhil Kamboj

0 Likes
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Hi Nikhil,

It might be that the domain user is being automatically authenticated by the browser.

Could you please try it when using a local windows user on your machine (not a domain user)?

If such user does not exist it will be necessary to create one.

Best Regards

Asaf

0 Likes
Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Thanks Asaf,

Creating a user is time consuming process here. But do we have any alternate method. For example, can we maually add authentication step after recording it with default user, or any other method. 

Best Regards,

Nikhil Kamboj

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Hi Nikhil,

Could you please specify if there is a requirement for a specific browser? In case not, does the issue happen in Firefox as well?

Also, if you configure "Internet Options" settings for "Local intranet" or "Trusted sites"  to prompt for credentials and try to record does that work?

Best Regards,

Eyal 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Hi Eyal,

There is not any specific browser requirement, but we were trying  with Firefox itself.

We also tried the internet options settings but that doesnot work for me.

Is ther any whing else you can suggest me.

thanks and regards

Nikhil Kamboj

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.