Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Kerberos OAuth Authentication in Tru Client Chromium

Jump to solution

I'm trying to access a application with kerberos authentication in chromium. I'm able to launch the url in normal incognito mode of chrome by entering credentials(with domainid\username and password) and successfully launch the application. However, when i try to launch in true client chromium i always get the below error.

Server Error. The server was unable to process your request.

Any help will be appreciated!!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Kerberos OAuth Authentication in Tru Client Chromium

Jump to solution

Hi @Vinoth959,

The key point here is "authentication is automatic". If the web server only supports automatic authentication, your request is not supported by TruClient Chromium before 12.63 (include 12.63). But it's supported after 12.63. If you can use TruClient later versions (2020+), it could help to avoid this problem.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hi @Vinoth959,

Which TC version are you using?

You mentioned it works with Chromium incognito mode. Does it only works with incognito mode, but not with normal mode (non-incognito mode)?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Jump to solution
Hi, thanks for the reply.. version is 12.63.I meant to say that it is
working fine in regular chrome incognito mode but not in tru client
chromium. Error thrown without redirecting to the actual dashboard in tru
client chromium while recording.
##Please type your reply above this line -##
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

In 12.63, TruClient Chromium works in normal mode, not in incognito mode. It's better to check the behavior in Chrome normal mode, not incognito mode.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Jump to solution
Chrome normal mode as i said its kerberos and authentication is automatic, User logs into dashboard directly without prompting for credentials.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hi @Vinoth959,

The key point here is "authentication is automatic". If the web server only supports automatic authentication, your request is not supported by TruClient Chromium before 12.63 (include 12.63). But it's supported after 12.63. If you can use TruClient later versions (2020+), it could help to avoid this problem.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Jump to solution
Sure.. Let me try then
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.