UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21. Read more.
UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21.Read more.
Admiral
Admiral

LR 11 TruClient - What Step End Event To Use? ...

How do I decide What Step End Event to use?

The default seems to be "Action completed". But for the steps that take a while (Search for example) the script immediatelly moves on to the next step in the script without waiting for the Search to complete. This I believe  will make the transaction appear very fast when of course it is not.

How do I decide which to use?

These choices do not wait for the search to complete, they just immediatelly move on to the next step:
"Action completed"
"Step network completed"

These options just leave the script paused/hung indefinitely on that step, and the step does not progress even when the search is complete and the page loaded:
"DOM Content Loaded"
"Document Loaded"
"Dialog Opened"

How do I fix this?

Thanks,
Chris

0 Likes
4 Replies
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Chris,

I may not have the exact answer to your question, but hope this helps,

TruClient scripts are asynchronous. Steps do not have to wait for previous steps to complete. Each step defines an End Event which defines the point at which subsequent steps are allowed to start running

TruClient transactions are defined by step events, not the steps themselves as in other protocols. For example, a step's End Event may allow the script to continue, while a transaction that ends on that step may continue until the step event that defines the transaction is reached.

also

TruClient scripts are run slightly differently when performing load testing, so Load Mode was created to run the script exactly as it will run during load testing. In the VuGen main window, click the arrow next to the Develop Script button to replay the script in Load Mode. Progress can be monitored in the Interactive Replay log. Firefox does not open, and snapshot are not displayed.

0 Likes
Admiral
Admiral

Thanks, Arjun, that does help somewhat. I have a ticket open with HP about this, waiting to hear back.

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Can you please let me know if you heard back from HP on the same? It would be helpful for all to see what recommendations HP has on this issue. Even I am trying to find the best way to capture the response times for the asynchronous process and when to start and end the transactions.

0 Likes
Admiral
Admiral

Sadly, I never really got a straight answer. They said it never worked, but I showed them that it did indeed work in some scenarios. When I pushed further they again stated that it never worked. After going in this circle three times I just gave-up.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.