Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

LR 12.01: Correlation scan failed due to parsing errors

Hi,

I am evaluating the LR 12 for my client.

The script that I have to create for a CRM application is very large- just to record the whole script it takes about 1  hour!

(It contains about 20 forms to fill out and submit)

After recording, my VuGen starts to generate the code and correlates dynamic parameters according to the rules that I have created previously.

It takes more than 30 min (too long) ...and finally ...it fails to correlate and displays an error message:

One of the post-generation procedures has failed.
Failed procedure: Performing scan for correlation post generation operation.

Correlation scan failed due to parsing errors. Fix the errors and click Design Studio to scan correlations.

Taking a look into the generated code I found that same of the code are corrupted: like broken lines etc.

After that the resulting code became unusable and I have to re-record my script and getting the same error message over and over again!

Among 7-8 attempts to record the script only 1 maybe successful.

Can anybody tell me why it happens and how to overcome this problem?

Appreciated any help and advice!

0 Likes
8 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: LR 12.01: Correlation scan failed due to parsing errors

Hi Vadimov,

I sugest you to contact us (VuGen R&D team) directly by sending an email to vugen.feedback@hp.com or just clicking on Help->Send Feedback in VuGen application. We will ask you for more detailes related to specific correlation rules and script in order to determinate the problem source that corrupts your script during correlation process.

Looking forward your email,

Yuriy

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.. Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

What was a root cause of this issue?

I am facing a similar issue and would like to understand how to troubleshoot it.

How can I identify a line of a script or a correlation rule that causes this?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.. Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

limit for the number of Correlation Rules that can be handled by VuGen during script (re)generation?

Is there a limit for the number of Correlation Rules that can be handled by VuGen during script (re)generation?

I have a rules file that was developed in LR 11.00 and worked there more or less OK.
From time to time VuGen was crashing but I still was able to correlate most parameters using these rules (with some manual correlations).

However I receive the following error messages when I try to apply these correlations rules to about the same script in LR 12.02:

----------------------------------------------
HP Virtual User Generator
-------------------------
Unable perform scan for correlations.
Reason: Failed to add step

HP Virtual User Generator
-------------------------

Correlation scan failed due to parsing errors.
Fix the errors and click Design Studio to scan for correlations.

This file has 35 rules. 30 of these rules were created in LR 11.00 and 5 of these rules were added in LR 12.02.

I tried to disable half of these rules at a time and both times (with first half of a file and second half of a file) script was regenerated OK.
I tried a few times regenerating a script with full file and VuGen failed to finish correlations in all attempts.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

after recording the script in vugen i got " ne of the post-generation procedures has failed.
Failed procedure: Performing scan for correlation post generation operation".in vugen 12.55

how can i resolve this error.please find screenshot.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Instead of re-record the corrupt script , you can regenerate it again

( you will get script same as after first recording )

You can also regenerate the script with 1 rule each time to understand which rule causes corruption.

I believe that some rule from LR  11.00 causes this issue.

On regenerate options -> Correlation -> Configuration you can also limit the length of the value to make the correlation more accurate  

0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

when i uncheck assyn then the problem gone.

Highlighted

yes, sometimes the Async can cause this issue.

I"m happy to hear that you find it.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

thanks

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.