Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

LR 12.5 free version recording for Thick application

Hi ,

I am doing POC on Thick client desktop application bulid with C++ application  .It is heavy client taking load and launch for application 8 mins due to the data retrival from DB..

while doing scripting in LR12.5 free version, it taking more than 2 hour to login and launch (stil not able to record complete step).. why ?..

what are the protocals can be used for this?

My application install in my desktop without admin rights.

Regards,

Gayathri

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Re: LR 12.5 free version recording for Thick application

Hi Gayathri,

You did not told us what protocol you selected when you tried to do your recording with your fat client.

It is hard to advice on a fat client application. What kind of interactions does this application has with the backend(s). When it is very complex you might use RDP or Citrix and work via de GUI,  I did that in the past with fat client product, but I takes lots of resources.

When your fat client application is using pure DB calls, you might discuss with the development team to give the client an trace option that flush each and every DB action. You might then develop a script/program that creates a LR script based on that trace. In a way you create your own 'protocol'. With respect to DB interaction I would go for LR-Java  because you have much more expression power via JDBC. This approach is costly and take some time, but might be helpful for (functional) regression testing, support replay cases etc.

Signature:
Reward community members who take time to respond and help.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

I used  Winsock protocol to recording the application

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Scripts based on this low level of recording are hard to maintain and unreadable when SSL is used.

When you like to make such low level recordings, you might consider to use WireShark and offer the WS recoding to LR (Look on the internet how to do this).

You might also checkout WinSock Protocol issue.

Signature:
Reward community members who take time to respond and help.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.