Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

LR 12.53 Patch 3 - TruClient IE - Integrated Windows Authentication Reset

Jump to solution

Hi,

Since the installation of the Patch 3 of VuGen 12.53, I'm facing a curious behavior of my TruClient Web scripts using IE as browser.

In short, the setting for Windows authentication (aka registry key "EnableNegotiate") is being reset to 0 each time a script is executed (either by VuGen or BPM) or opened with the "Develop script" button!

The issue is very simple to reproduce:

1. Open Windows Registry
  2. Go to HKCU\Software\Hewlett-Packard\TruClient\TruClientIE\TCWindows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings and set "EnableNegotiate" to 1 (or you can use TruClientSupportabilityTool and activate the integrated windows authentication).
  3. Open VuGen and create a new TruClient Web script.
  4. At this time, the setting didn't change (keep a registry window opened to easily check the value).
  5. Select Internet Explorer and click on "Develop Script".
  6. Check the setting, it has been reset to 0!

Consequently, all the scripts using SSO now fail...

Sadly, the issue still occurs with patch 4.

After some search, I think it's the gulty is "TcWebIEInternetProtocols.dll", but I'll let the HPE experts check this 😉

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super Contributor..

Re: LR 12.53 Patch 3 - TruClient IE - Integrated Windows Authentication Reset

Jump to solution
3 Replies
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Jump to solution

I just tried and able to reproduce the issue.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hello,

Thank you for raising your concern.

Could you please help to open a support ticket for this issue so that our Support team and RnD can investigate the issue and provide the proper fix?

Thank you very much.

Regards,

Chau Nguyen | SW Technical Support Consultant.
LoadRunner and Performance Center

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor..

Jump to solution
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.