Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

LR 12.53 Patch 4 putting setup.dll into registry to run

Jump to solution

I have mentioned this before somewhere, but what I am still seeing my issue in Patch 4 which was released recently.

When I install Patch 4 over Patch 3 on my machine it came up saying that I need to reboot my machine. When I rebooted it an error came up saying that a dll file could not be executed.

I see in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\ that there is a new extry
Name: HPPrequisite
Data: "C:\Temp\LR_03639\setup.dll"

Why is the .exe file not in the Run?
Is my machine setup incorrectly not to run the .dll file? 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: LR 12.53 Patch 4 putting setup.dll into registry to run

Jump to solution

Hi Brian,

We have an internal defect reported on this matter. While this issue reproduces quite easily, it's source is not trivial to identifiy. We decided to release the patch despite this issue since it causes no harm. 

we are still investigating it and we will resolve for next release.

Best Regards,

Shlomi

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hello Brian_Folan,

Thank you for your post.

Could you please attach a screenshot of the error message that you are facing

Regards,

Daniela Gómez Alvarado
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hi Brian_Folan

When exactly you are asked to restart? When the installation of the patch is completed or before that or probably after installation of NV?  

What is your operating system? 

Have you run the installation as an administrator? 

When you run LR_03639.exe the set up it is asking for location to "Save files in folder" 

Do you use  the default one: C:\Temp\LR_03639

When the set up shows the Install button the folder C:\Temp\LR_03639 should be created. 

Do you see a setup.dll in it? 

Thanks, 
Vesela 

HPE Support
If you haven’t tried it yet, come and join us in our entitled forums at Support Customer Forums

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution and give Kudos to the author for their assistance.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Brian,

We have an internal defect reported on this matter. While this issue reproduces quite easily, it's source is not trivial to identifiy. We decided to release the patch despite this issue since it causes no harm. 

we are still investigating it and we will resolve for next release.

Best Regards,

Shlomi

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Jump to solution

Thanks all for the responses.

Thanks Shlomi, good to know it's not just me.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.