Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

LR 12.53, TruClient Web, and window.alert() ...

Jump to solution

In previous versions of LR, when I used window.alert in TruClient, I'm pretty sure it would pause the script until the message box was cleared. But in 12.53 the message box appears and then the script just continues on. Not necessarily a problem, but not what I expected.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: LR 12.53, TruClient Web, and window.alert() ...

Jump to solution

Hi,

There was a change in IE browser which causes window.alert to behave this way in TruClient IE.

TruClient FF behaves as it did before.

TruClient Chromium suppresses alerts on purpose for technical reasons.

I would like to note that window.alert is supposed to be used as a measure for debugging the script locally. it is not supposed to remain in the script when running the script outside VuGen machine. You can also avoid using that all together and use TC.log API instead. It might be a bit less convenient but it is a more standard approach in TruClient

Regards,

Shlomi

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Jump to solution

Is this in Chromium mode or IE/firefox?

The alert message wouldn't even show for me when I used it. I did see the output of the variable in the console in load mode though.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Jump to solution

IE for sure, can't remember re the others.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi,

There was a change in IE browser which causes window.alert to behave this way in TruClient IE.

TruClient FF behaves as it did before.

TruClient Chromium suppresses alerts on purpose for technical reasons.

I would like to note that window.alert is supposed to be used as a measure for debugging the script locally. it is not supposed to remain in the script when running the script outside VuGen machine. You can also avoid using that all together and use TC.log API instead. It might be a bit less convenient but it is a more standard approach in TruClient

Regards,

Shlomi

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Jump to solution

Thanks, Shlomi. Glad it wasn't just my imagination.  🙂

And agree on all your points.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.