Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

LR 12.53 doesn't record enetr user name and password steps

Jump to solution

Hi All:

Was trying to Google all available informaiton and still can't' record just simple steps of the appllicaiton ligin page.

Please, advise.

Thanks a lot,

agoldenberg123

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Hi Alex,

Please follow below steps, it might be help you.

1. Go to Recording Option -> General -> Recording -> Select HTML Based -> Click HTML Advanced -> Script type and non HTML - Generated select first options.

2. Go to recording option -> Network -> Mapping Filtering -> Keep Capture Level as "Socket Level and WinNet level data". From here, Click Option-> Un check "Enable auto SSL Detection" -> Click Update.

3. Go to Runtime Settings -> Internet Protocol -> keep proxy as "No proxy (direct connection to the internet)" and go to Preferences-> Advanced -> Check Use WinInet replay instead of Sockets (Windows only).

4. Now, record the screen which you need. Definitely, it will be work.

Cheers,

Sakthi.K

Regards,
Sakthirajan Kathirvel

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

Which protocol are you using?

Which browser did you try?

Do you succeed recording other applications/steps?

Thanks,

Shlomi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Shlomi:

Intially I have tried with IE10 and it could not load even the initial https login page.

After that I have checked the proxy settings and set 127.0.0.1/8080 in FF 33.1 version, and was able to record the login, but still didn't get the user name/password and got several errors during the replay. It looks to me the recording returns a lot of cookies and during the replay they are different, so it gets a lot of errors.

I see you're HPE export, if you don't mind, I would like to have a webex with with you on this issue, if you can, please, email alex.goldenberg@onelogin.com directly.

Thankls a lot,

Alex

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Usually, if not part of the test it is possible to ignore the receiving of cookies and other technical information. You can just comment those rules out and see if the test runs better. If so, the rules can be removed.
However - Loadrunner should record the entry of username and password somewhere (be advised: passwords are usually stored encrypted within Loadrunner scripts. So they may not be immediately recognizable).

0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Hi Alex,

Please follow below steps, it might be help you.

1. Go to Recording Option -> General -> Recording -> Select HTML Based -> Click HTML Advanced -> Script type and non HTML - Generated select first options.

2. Go to recording option -> Network -> Mapping Filtering -> Keep Capture Level as "Socket Level and WinNet level data". From here, Click Option-> Un check "Enable auto SSL Detection" -> Click Update.

3. Go to Runtime Settings -> Internet Protocol -> keep proxy as "No proxy (direct connection to the internet)" and go to Preferences-> Advanced -> Check Use WinInet replay instead of Sockets (Windows only).

4. Now, record the screen which you need. Definitely, it will be work.

Cheers,

Sakthi.K

Regards,
Sakthirajan Kathirvel

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Sakthi:

Thanks a lot for your help, it wrks for me!

Alex

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.