Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

LR 12.55 - JMeter Response Times

Hi,

I'm having a play around with the JMeter support for 12.55.  I have a simple JMeter script that calls one URL.  I'm running 1 JMeter vuser in my scenario and nothing else.

When I load up the Analysis, I can see the obvious 4 graphs available but I cannot see the actual response times for the JMeter transaction.  The doumentation isn't very clear.  Do I need to use a JMeter post processor to dump the results to a CSV as normal in JMeter and generate the averages, 90th, 95th etc. as I normally would in JMeter?  I'm also not seeing anything in the summary.html as I would with any of the usual LR protocols.

Cheers,

J

Cheers,

J

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: LR 12.55 - JMeter Response Times

Hi

Sorry for the delayed response time.

JMeter support in LoadRunner currently comes with these 4 graphs:

Monitor Description

JMeter Active Threads

Shows how many active threads there are in each thread group (y-axis) against the elapsed time during the test run (x-axis).

JMeter Hits per Second

Shows the number of hits (y-axis) per second (x-axis) generated by the test plan.

It does not include child samples from transactions and embedded resources.

JMeter Throughput

Shows the amount of throughput (y-axis) during each second of the test run (x-axis). Throughput is measured in bytes and represents the amount of bytes sent and received by JMeter during the load test.

JMeter Transactions

Shows the number of transactions (y-axis) per second (x-axis) for each sampler. It displays for each second the number of finished transactions.

Additional graphs and more details are planned for future releases.

when you open analysis, you'll need to manually add the JMeter graphs as they are not added by default.

You can read more on this here.

As for general best practices and trouble shooting of the JMeter feature, you can read more here

If there are additional questions - we'll do our best to help,

Thanks,

Lior

Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Hi and thank you for your reponse.

So the answer is 'No', it does not record the transaction response times.  I'm struggling now to see the point of having JMeter running in LoadRunner but that's fair enough.  I was just curious 🙂

Cheers,

John

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi John,

JMeter support was introduced in 12.55 as a beta feature - meaning perliminary support.

It is planned to be improved from release to release and include more funcitonalities.

Stay tuned... 🙂

Lior

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Great, and I will do 🙂

Many thanks,

John 

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.