Highlighted
Visitor.

LR 12.55 community licence not working

Downloaded LR 12.55 for a try out recently. However, after installation in a VM, community license is not enabled.

While opening controller getting a message "There is no valid license"

The license utility is empty as well.

Please help/suggest options.

0 Likes
12 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: LR 12.55 community licence not working

Hello Daker,

I am from LoadRunner R&D.

Will you be able to meet me in a WebEx session so I can have a look? If so, please send me  a private message using the Private Messages and we will take it from there.

Regards,

Shlomi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

回复: LR 12.55 community licence not working

You can reinstall the license in case urgent:

C:\Program Files (x86)\HPE\LoadRunner\bin\LicenseInstallUtility.exe

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

LicenseInstallUtlity is throwing exception. please advise. snashot attached

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi

from what I can see in the screen capture, this looks like a premission issue.

are you an administrator on this machine?

I'd try to unintsall and re-install as an administrator this time (right click on the installation msi and choose "run as administrator").

let us know

Thanks,

Lior

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Thanks AvniLior

Ya I was just trying this and after installing as Administrator, I could see Licenses. I need one more help

I am unable to record https traffic, get the certificate/ssl error while page is launched. Please advise.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Akhil,

happy to hear the 1st issue was resolved 🙂

As for your 2nd issue:

If your application uses SSL connections, make sure you have the correct SSL version (SSL 2, SSL 3, TLS) in the Port Mapping dialog box (Record > Recording Options > Network > Port Mapping > Options).

In the Advanced Port Mapping Settings dialog box, make sure SSL is enabled and select the correct version.

I suggest going over the documentation for web protocol here, common issues you may encounter here and the troublshooting guide here

Good Luck,

Lior

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Hi Lior

I have tried those stuff, still facing the issue. wondering whether any other settings changes required.

Akhil 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Akhil,

if you tried everything I wrote below, and went through all the troubleshooting options and common problems that you can encounter, this will have to include more debugging by opening a support case.

Sorry I can't help more,

Lior

0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member..
New Member..

I have the same issue in 12.60 loadrunner.  When I add the activation key in the license utlity, the license utility just shuts down and the license is not added.  I tried reinstalling as administrator and I run the LRLicenseUtility.exe as administrator but no luck.

thanks

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

My problem was resolved after installing LR as Administrator. Right Click 'Run as Admin'.  I assume it could be the solution for you as well.

Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello,

Please right click on C:\ProgramData\Micro Focus\LoadRunner folder and int the permissions tab make sure that the user with which you are trying to install the license has the Modify and Write permissions enabled.

Regards,
Adrian

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.