Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

LR 12 community/Trial version with 'Java' Scripting Language

Jump to solution

Hi All,

I am using Truclient protocol to record my script.

But the protocol advisor suggested to use "COM/DCOM", I am unable to record using it as my applcaition is a java applcaition, it is suggested to use Java as scripting language.

Before proceeding further to get a licensed version  of LR, I want to make sure I am able to record all transactions using LR 12 trial/community version.

Is it possible in trial/community version to make "Java" available as a Scripting Language, in addition to the default available "C language".

Can anyone please provide me some information regarding this, any help / guidance is highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Geetha

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: LR 12 community/Trial version with 'Java' Scripting Language

Jump to solution

Hi Geetha,

let's try to put some order here:

• LoadRunner has 3 Java related protocols which generate a script in the Java language using web functions (Java Over HTTP, Java Record Replay and Java Vuser).
  • COM/DCOM can be used for desktop applications
  • TruClient can be used for web applications / web sites / all things web related.

The trial / community edition gives you 50 Vusers to use with all protocols, with the exception of "COM/DCOM".

I hope this clears things a little bit more for you

Good Luck,

Lior Avni

PLV COST Team

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi Geetha,

I'm not sure I understand your question. Which protocol would you like to use?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Geetha,

let's try to put some order here:

• LoadRunner has 3 Java related protocols which generate a script in the Java language using web functions (Java Over HTTP, Java Record Replay and Java Vuser).
  • COM/DCOM can be used for desktop applications
  • TruClient can be used for web applications / web sites / all things web related.

The trial / community edition gives you 50 Vusers to use with all protocols, with the exception of "COM/DCOM".

I hope this clears things a little bit more for you

Good Luck,

Lior Avni

PLV COST Team

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Jump to solution

Thank you for the response

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.