Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

LR Analysis summary of web page time

The analysis download time graph is nice, but it is very hard to to summarize this in to way to explain to managment.  The transaction is short, butall of the pieces and parts that make up the page are hard to quantiry on a larger base.  For example, all of the processes from when a button is clicked (identified as a transaction), to the time the next page is loaded.  Every single url is listed, but hard to sum it up.  I am at a loss to quantify this in an understandable form.

0 Likes
10 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: LR Analysis summary of web page time

Hello,

I agree the graph is challenging.

May I suggest using the new network insights report: /t5/LoadRunner-and-Performance/Uncover-the-potential-of-Network-Virtualization-Insights-now/ba-p/6895504#.WCTvhvl974Y

This report is available for both LoadRunner and Performance Center and gives a more user friendly representation of the data.

Regards,

Shlomi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

We are using the Community Edition of LR, and  NV Insight does not seem to be an option.  What is needed to add this?  

Our app will only have about 20 to 50 users max at a time, so we did not purchase the enterprise version.  This would also have taken a very long time to go through purchasing.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

Please read the blog I shared earlier. It contains all the info you need. You can use NV Insights without additional costs.

Regards,

Shlomi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

It looks like only part of this is functional in the Community Edition, and it shows that I had a trial version, now expired. There is no longer the option in the VuGen Replay to see the NV Analytics report, even though this option is selected in the replay settings.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

In order to see the report in VuGen you have to installer NV Analytics.

Anyway, I agree with you the graph in Analysis is not that easy to understand/present. NV report provides that and much more.

Regards,

Shlomi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

@wrightorchid wrote:

There is no longer the option in the VuGen Replay to see the NV Analytics report, even though this option is selected in the replay settings.

If you are using a supported protocol, please check if there is an NV related error/warning in the Output. For example: 

Image 016.png

NV Insights is available after installing LR 12.53 Patch 2 which is not part of the community edition.

Best,

Yaron

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

If I do a new download/install, can you get the fully updated version with the patch?  Yes, I am using TRUCLIENT web protocol which does support this.   The Community Edition should allow for patches and updates.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi

The patch the contains the NV Insight functionality is availalbe only if you have an active support contract with HPE.

It won't be available with a new download.

You can find more details here (Note: HP passport and an active support contract is required to access this page).

Hope this helps,

Lior

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Sounds like we need to upgrade from the Comunity Edition to a full licensed version to get this.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor.

Patch 2 for LR 12.53 adds NV Insights (Network Virtualization) functionality in LR Community Edition.

I was able to download and install Patch 2 and 3, successfully ran tests with simulated NV locations and generated NV Insights report in Analysis. There are some restriction though for Community edition:

- only 2 NV vusers are available

- NV Insights report is generated for up to 2 locations

- after 30 days only partial NV report will be generated

Here's the licensing info:

http://nvhelp.saas.hpe.com/en/nv-perform/en/12.53/help/Content/NV4HP/Licensing_NVV4HP.htm

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.