Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

LR Controller does not copy data files to generator when using recursive dirs

Hi,

When I try and run my scenario on an injector, I get issued with the error "Error: The user files were not transferred to the local load generator" and all the users get thrown straight out.

My scenario will run OK if I use localhost as my injector...  Think it doesn't like recursive dirs.  Reason why I'm using them is because I want to be able to pick up my LR tests assets from the top level dir; move them to another sever or folder; and have everything work as it should. 

So physically, my script is here:

Z:\LoadRunner\Scripts\My Script

Data is here:

Z:\LoadRunner\CommonData\environment.dat

So, in my loadRunner script, I'm pointing to environment.dat as:  

\..\..\..\common_data\environment.dat

So for some reason, I can only get this to work if I hardcode a path for the data file; or use the recursive directory limited to localhost as my injector.

Am using LoadRunner 12.02

Cheers,

J

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: LR Controller does not copy data files to generator when using recursive dirs

Sorry, there's a type-o in there.

Both directories are "common_data"

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.