Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

LR/LG 12.02 Agent Process cannot initialize driver

I installed Load Generator to run as a process. After instalation, I cannot run the agent process. I receive this: "MDRV Error: Driver initialization failed, reason - Cannot initialize driver, it went down due to failure or it was released by drv_free. [MERR-10741]" It then tells me that the driver exiting failed because it wasn't initialized.

I am able to have 5 load generators work, all of them are equal. The 6th is exactly the same as those 5, but it is throwing this error. My controller cannot connect to it. I did a fresh uninstall and reinstall of both LG and Loadrunner, but that did not fix the problem.

I am running Windows 7. I have tested it on both Java 7u45 and Java 8u51, neither work. I am running out of ideas.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: LR/LG 12.02 Agent Process cannot initialize driver

Hello Xxsnikrzxx,

Thank you for your post.

This issue could be related with a dll which was not registered during the installation.

For this please open the command prompt as Administrator >> Navigate to the bin folder in the LR installation folder (something like: C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\LoadRunner\bin) and execute the following command:

regsvr32 logger.dll

After this, run the scenario again.

Regards,

Daniela Gómez Alvarado
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Re: LR/LG 12.02 Agent Process cannot initialize driver

Hello Daniela,

I ran the command and a popup came up saying it was successful. I tried to run agent process again and I am still receiving the same error.

I still cannot connect my Controller to the Load Generator machine because I cannot run Agent Process.

Thanks.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.