Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

LR MQ: communication between LoadRunner and MQ queue

Hi all, 

I have to send some messages to a MQ queue in asynchronous mode. Can anyone explain me how to do? I've never try this matter before, but I'm asking if it's possible to use Web HTTP/HTML or Web Service protocols to "feed" a queue in a Scenario like other standard LR registration. 

Thanks a lot for the support, 

Lorenzo

0 Likes
13 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Re: LR MQ: communication between LoadRunner and MQ queue

I think you have to code the feeding of messages yourself unless you have access to an webservice that can act as a 'proxy' (IBM MQ web proxy).

Checkout  for IBM MQ Interface supported languages.

Interesting project.

Success

Signature:
Reward community members who take time to respond and help.
Highlighted

Thanks, but the target is about how to send messages to a MQ queue directly from LoadRunner. I've read that there was a tool called MQ Tester but now that's incompatible with new version of LR (for more information about that you can read this discussion, https://community.softwaregrp.com/t5/LoadRunner-User-Discussions/MQ-Tester-not-available-in-LR-community-edition-V12-5/td-p/558398). 

So the question is: how to feed with message a queue from LoadRunner? There's some particular protocol or some algorithm that can connect this two components? 

Thank you very much for attention, 

Lorenzo

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor..

I guess that you have to develop your own 'protocol' in LR by implementing the client calls to access the IBM MQI (API).

You can do that with Java and add the right Java jar to your project or do it with C and load the proper libraries (DLLs) dynamically.

Java is only supported upto version 8.0 (Using IBM MQ classes for Java), but the client API might be upward compatible. The benefit of using Java with LR a quicker development cycle (I expect). Google on 'java client example to access IBM MQ' and you might find some examples to speed up your coding. E.g. websphere mq clien tapi tutorial message sender

Signature:
Highlighted

Thanks very much, JHF. 

Two last questions about this topic: 

1) so there isn't a protocol to make a communication between LR and MQ queue, is right?

2) are there some external tools from LR to perform sending messages to a queue?

Thank you again. 

Lorenzo

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor..

Not that I'm aware of. Maybe someone from Micro Focus might answer this: @Shlomi Nissim

Signature:
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Lorenzo (@lb1) & @JHF Remmelzwaal,

Did you try MQTester for LoadRunner?

Regards,
Shlomi

Highlighted

Hi Shlomi, 

but for this MQTester is necessary to install an IBM MQ WebSphere Server on the LoadRunner VuGen's workstation? Thanks, 

Lorenzo

0 Likes
Highlighted
Visitor..
Visitor..

Using LoadRunner 12.6x to test MQ in 2019

I could start a new message, but this message seems on track.

Is there any information about how to test MQ using LoadRunner in 2019. Everything I can find is from 2008 and 2012. I would HOPE that there is some newer information out there.

Heck, the MQTester that Shlomi Nissim mentions is from 2012 and talks about using Windows XP.

Thanks for any help.

Randy Stevenson

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Using LoadRunner 12.6x to test MQ in 2019

Hi Randy, 

after few months, I've find a solution to feed a queue with MQTester (MQSeries protocol) using LoadRunner. The newest package is available here,

https://marketplace.microfocus.com/appdelivery/content/mqtester-loadrunner-0

The download is free, and you can find also a PDF documentation (personally, I didn't find it very usefull) about the product. As a beginner, I suggest you to compute yourself the bytecode for the LR-MQ communication avoiding the automatic recording phase. 

Tell me if these informations are enough, 

Lorenzo

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Hi Lorenzo,

Am using Load runner 12.55. I have installed MQ Tester 3.4.2b. When am trying to record using "MQSeries Server" client am seeing below error when invoking MQ Explorer exe file for recording. "MQSeries server" protocol cannot record 64 bit applications in single mode" I dont find IBM 32 bit available. Please let me the steps you follwed to achieve this.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi Ashok118,

when I've found a way to record with MQTester, it didn't coinvolved the "Record" button. I had started from a template of a ".c" program, and I inserted all the requested information to connect to the queue. 

Attached to this message you can find an example of script I have done to put a message (from a file) to a queue. I've used the official manual documentation to retrieve all the functions. 

Please, try to use this template to put something on your queue and tell me if the experiment goes well!

Lorenzo

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.