(LR) Support Tip: Create a Vuser Script by Analyzing a Captured Traffic File
How to Create a Vuser Script by Analyzing a Captured Traffic File.
This topic describes how to use an existing network traffic file (capture file) to generate a Vuser script. This method may be useful for creating Vuser scripts that emulate activity on mobile applications.
Also when for some reason there is not way to capture a script using Vugen.
- Create a new Vuser script in VuGen.Note that this functionality is available only for those Vuser protocols listed in the note at the top of this topic.
- Click Start Recording to open the Start Recording dialog box.
- From the list of Recording methods, select Captured Traffic File Analysis.
- Locate and select your capture file (pcap, cap, saz (Fiddler), or har). For details about creating a new capture file in a Windows, Linux, or mobile environment, see How to Create a PCAP File.
- Specify the client side filter. This is the IP address of the client whose traffic you want to use to generate the Vuser script. VuGen typically detects the client side filter by analyzing the capture file.
- You can use the recording options to specify server side filters by clicking Recording Options > Mapping and Filtering.
- Add a list of the SSL attributes for the servers being analyzed. Use the Add, Edit, and Remove buttons to manage the entries in the list. The Add button opens the Add SSL Attribute dialog box, allowing you to add a server and specify its IP address, port, certificate file, and password if required. The SSL attribute list is visible only after you select a pcap capture file that contains SSL data and requires a certificate. This list is not available for har and saz files — instead, configure the SSL through Fiddler.
- Click Start Recording. VuGen analyzes the capture file, and generates a Vuser script.
If you are customer you can try posting on our internal forums for more personalized support.
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution