Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

LR TruClint protocol run logic

Jump to solution

Hi! 

I need the transactions to be executed a certain number of times per hour. How can I implement this on the TruClient protocol?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Re: LR TruClint protocol run logic

Jump to solution

In 'Develop Script' mode you can add a via ToolBox -> FlowControl an For-loop. You can try to influence the end criterium with JS or let the For-loop run for ever and add via an IF with JS condition a Break to leave the For-loop.

Success,

Erik

Signature:
Reward community members who take time to respond and help.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor..

Jump to solution

You talked about a transaction, normally that is part of your complete scenario.

When you mean with 'Transaction' your complete 'Action' as found in 'Runtime Settings' -> 'Run Logic' -> 'Run Logic Tree', then you can take the time that that this 'Action' might take at most to run N times per hour and use that time as 'Runtime Settings' -> 'Pacing' -> 'Start new iteration at Fixed' intervals every ...'

When you have a Transaction that is part of a complexer script with more transactions, you have to do the looping yourself with help of some java script. Make a loop (think about loop termination), start your transaction, when it is done use java script to see how long it took, end your transaction and add think time for the remaining time.

The above suggestions assume you like to have an equal distribution of your transaction over the hour.

Signature:
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Jump to solution

Using of JS sounds very good.

I placed the "Evaluate JS code" step before the start necessary transaction and at the end. Can you help me: how can I make "goto" in the second (final) "Evaluate JS code" step to the first step? (how can I make the loop?)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor..

Jump to solution

In 'Develop Script' mode you can add a via ToolBox -> FlowControl an For-loop. You can try to influence the end criterium with JS or let the For-loop run for ever and add via an IF with JS condition a Break to leave the For-loop.

Success,

Erik

Signature:

View solution in original post

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.