Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

LR VuGen 12.5, IE 11.0, IE doesn't display web page when recording or using Protocol Advisor,

Jump to solution

Hello, 

I am having problems with LR VuGen 12.50 (Patch 3 installed) on Windows 2012 R2.

When trying to record and script or analyze web page using protocol analyzer, the IE (version 11) stops displaying web page content, instead it just displayed "this page can't be displayed" message. Before running LR this page was displayed by the IE just without any trouble. After trying to analyze the web page or trying to record a scritp the IE doesn't display the page anymore.

Does LR somehow changes the IE setting? What could be causing this problem?

Robert

Tags (4)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: LR VuGen 12.5, IE 11.0, IE doesn't display web page when recording or using Protocol Advisor,

Jump to solution

Hello Robert,

Thank you for your post.

Have you try running VuGen by right click and run as administrator?

Regards,

Daniela Gómez Alvarado
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: LR VuGen 12.5, IE 11.0, IE doesn't display web page when recording or using Protocol Advisor,

Jump to solution

Hello Robert,

Thank you for your post.

Have you try running VuGen by right click and run as administrator?

Regards,

Daniela Gómez Alvarado
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hello Daniela,

thank you for the answere. This seems to help so solv this problem for now. Could you please explain me, why this was occuring and why does VuGen has to be run "as Administrator"? And is VuGen changin the settings of IE somehow? 

Robert

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hello Danieala again,

actually, this didn't get the problems fully solved. If (during the protocol analyzis or recording) I don't get the can't display message, I am waiting for ever for the page.... I mean like 15 minutes waiting for the page to show up, sometimes it doesn't show at all.... Once I turn off the LR and open the IE, the same pages are displayed in matters of seconds. This is very strange behaviour and I have it with at least two different web pages. This is an internal environment, with no access to the internet and there are two web application which should be monitored....

Any Idea please, I am getting frustrated while useing the VuGen.

R.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Visitor.

Jump to solution

this is my loadrunner scripts for login page, in this code __RequestVerificationToken value is changing every login. how i will capture the token value plz suggest me.

web_submit_data("Login",
"Action=https://202.153.34.168/Login/Login",
"Method=POST",
"RecContentType=text/html",
"Referer=https://202.153.34.168/",
"Snapshot=t4.inf",
"Mode=HTML",
ITEMDATA,
"Name=__RequestVerificationToken", "Value=g6SptMPqjwkr9USanlYUM25S-E1YyQxym6XVy_hsZwCDXvbwLOErKmK7qMf33lRN1syUFsakIOzsFx4x2l2nOwkp4SG0JQPj7b0AiPW-6gY1", ENDITEM,
"Name=AD_USERNAME", "Value=username", ENDITEM,
"Name=USER_PASSWORD", "Value=password", ENDITEM,
"Name=IP_ADDRESS", "Value=10.10.10.55", ENDITEM,
LAST);

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.