Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

LR is accepting a bogus cert from the server

All,

I'm testing through a load balancer that is terminating the SSL.  One VIP is configured for mutual authentication and the other is not (but still SSL.)  Through what I think is a configuration mistake on the load balancer, the certificate is incorrect.  It looks like just some generic self-signed cert and not one that properly identifies the server or is signed by my company's CA.

Load Runner is failing to connect to the MASSL VIP but succeeding to the other VIP.  It should not succeed in connecting to either one, however.  For the one that fails, I get the message "X509 certificate error 18: self signed certificate," which is legitimate.  However for the MASSL case, everything works, even though the certificate is the same.

Testing the same VIPs with other utilities and browsers fails in both cases, as it should.

Is this a bug?

thanks

John

Tags (1)
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.