Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

LR not recoding and creating code

Hello. I'm evaluating LR and I just installed it.  With only the capture level config is changed (winINet level data), I created a new Web (http/html) project and for simplicity, thought of automation google. However, when I started to record (do a search and end), the recording count only stays at 1 and after I stopped it, no codes are generated under Action.  

Am I missing a config? Please help. thank you.

0 Likes
7 Replies
Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Re: LR not recoding and creating code

Hello

1. Which version of LR  are you using?
  2. What is the OS you have LR install on?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Hello.  

I'm using Windows 10 64-bit.   

The LR version I have installed is 12.55 build 0911.

Thank you.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Hello blueray333,

As per the loadrunner readme me file: "Readme HPE LoadRunner Software Version: 12.55 Publication date: August 20, 2017"
-- (Windows 10 + IE) WinINet recording mode is not supported on Windows 10. An empty script will be generated.

so the fix is to change the recording option to "Socket level" and try again. 

I also recommend you install the LR 12.57 pacth to your loadrunner machines as soon as possible.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Hello  DavidofOSI

I tried "Socket Level" and it behaves the same: shows only 1 for record count after doing google searches and no code generated after. 

It looks like I need an active support contract to be able to download patch 12.57. I don't have it this time because I'm evaluating the tool.  Is there any other way for me to get the patch? 

Thank you.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Try to check with the LRDetect tool provided with the application if there is any reason highlighted.

You can also try the option to generate from har or war file capture

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Hi  h2o_2,

I ran the Detect tool, and below are the items that marked with a different color. 

Data Execution Prevention DEP is enabled for only Windows system components and services. Default setting. (OptIn) User Account Control Enabled Is anti-virus software detected? Trend Micro OfficeScan Agent 12.0.4445
    Trend Micro Solution Platform Status: Not found on this computer Micro Focus Load Testing Agent Name of installed agent Yes, LoadRunner Agent Process is installed. Status Status: Running
Details:
PID: 11596 OVERWAITEA\523387
Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\HPE\LoadRunner\launch_service\bin\magentproc.exe
Port: 443 LISTENING
Port: 50500 LISTENING
Port: 54345 LISTENING Last 10 lines of agent's log: Show more Enabled firewall agent? No Enabled terminal services? No FLEX, AMF Recording options Show more Other settings ConvertExternalizableObject.jar exists, 37513 bytes, last modified on: 7/25/2017 12:55:12 AM
Environment variable HP_FLEX_JAVA_LOG_FILE = Not set! NV for Controller Is installed? Yes Details NV for HPE Controller v9.13.0.1123 installed on 7/15/2018
Version: 9.13.0.1123
Build: 2017.703.1103.29

Services:
Network Virtualization Service: Status: Running
Details:
PID: 3940 NO OWNER
Path: "C:\Program Files\HPE\NV\lib\NVWatchDogService.exe"

Legacy Shunra Service: Service not installed on this computer!
Legacy Shunra Performance Counters Service: Service not installed on this computer! NV for LG and VuGen Is installed? Yes Details NV for HPE LG and VuGen v9.13.0.1123 installed on 7/15/2018
Version: 9.13.0.1123
Build: 2017.703.1103.29

Services:
Network Virtualization Service: Status: Running
Details:
PID: 3940 NO OWNER
Path: "C:\Program Files\HPE\NV\lib\NVWatchDogService.exe"

Legacy Shunra Service: Service not installed on this computer!
Legacy Shunra Performance Counters Service: Service not installed on this computer!

sorry for the longer post. I copied and paste only areas that were colored "red". 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.. Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Do you have to record with IE? Have you tried Chrome or Firefox?

Do you close all browsers before starting recording (and check in Task Manager also they are actually closed...)

On IE11 you will have to have the loadrunner agent plugin installed - is this showing as enabled in IE11?

Another thing which helps is running Vugen as admin as it needs to edit registry - do you have permission to do this on your PC?

Personally, I am unable to record on my normal work laptop due to admin restrictions, so we use a virtual machine which we have admin control over. It might be worth seeing if you can get something similar setup. Even with the admin controls lifted, I have had issues with recording after 12.55.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.