Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

LR scripts stored in ALM VERY slow to start ...

Anyone else here store their LR scripts in ALM? I started maybe 6-8 months ago. It can take 30-90s for a script to actually run in VUGen once I press the "Play" button. This is especially annoying when I'm trying to step through a TruClient script in the debugger. I'm guessing this has to do with the many large script files being moved back and forth between ALM and VUGen on my local machine?

Any ways to improve this?

Thanks,
Chris

0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: LR scripts stored in ALM VERY slow to start ...

Hello Chris,

I really appreciate if you let me know which LR/ALM version do you have?

Another thing, does the script was record in a differnet version of LR?

Does this happen with only truclient scripts or any kind of scripts?

Regards,

Daniela Gómez Alvarado
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Thanks. LR 12.53. ALM 12.21. Happens with all scripts, but worse with TruClient.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello,

It might be kind of interest to compare the time for copying the same script from ALM to Vugen machine outside Vugen. How long does it takes? Are the times compatible?

BR,

Ivo

IvoHri
0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Yup, I've done that several times. Much much faster when the script is on a local disk.

I'm going to try adding some CPU to our ALM server, that seems to be getting hit hard.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

I've resorted to just working with a local copy.

Running scripts across the network (even when my machines have very few hops between them) is unbearably slow.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.