Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

LR12.53 ResultsSnap Results folder

Hi all, I am implementing version control using SVN for all the scripts I have and have a query regarding what folders I need to version control.

I see there is a ResultsSnap folder which I haven't seen before.

Is it OK for me not to version any of the Result* folder (Results, Results1, ResultSnap, etc.)

Which would mean if we ever do need to revert back to a previous version that the files in Results may be wrong.

0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Re: LR12.53 ResultsSnap Results folder

Hi,

As I understand, you want to use versioning feature of ALM and this feature will apply to the whole script folder, you cannot separate the result folders inside the script folder and not version the result folders.

Regards,

Chau Nguyen | SW Technical Support Consultant.
LoadRunner and Performance Center

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor..

Hi Chau,

No - I am not interested in version control in ALM.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Hi,

I am sorry for misunderstanding, but even you use other tool to version control the script, all the sub folders inside the script folder should go together.

Regards,

Chau Nguyen | SW Technical Support Consultant.
LoadRunner and Performance Center

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor..

OK - to save space on our machine we have deleted all the results folders in the past, espicially for data setup scripts.

My specific question is that if I have don't have results versioned, and revert to a previous version of the folder (without the results) will LR read files in the main folder and start giving errors if files are not there.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

ResultsSnap folder appears only under TruClient script. I do not think you should include it in the version control. It is not a runtime file.

The most important files in truclient script are the default.xml and library files located under the libraries folder. 

Regards,

Shlomi

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.