Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

LRLicenseUtility has stopped working - error in LR 12.60

I have changed from 12.55 to 12.60. I use community edition license as the client only buy's licenses as and when required for projects (term licenses).

After pressing the activation key I get a popup error that the License Utility has stopped working. I have uninstalled and cleared registry (HPE and MicroFocus references and files/directories) and reloaded 12.60 however still getting the same error.

LRLicenseUtility Error.JPG

How do I get the license utility to work or re-installed correctly?

0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Re: LRLicenseUtility has stopped working - error in LR 12.60

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

No, the PC is 24/7 connected to the internet with no PROXY and I already have a community license for 12.60, as soon as I put the number in the license utility fails on the PC.

I have in the interim tested the install (and uninstalled) on my colleagues PC (desk next to mine) with success (however can’t use his PC as it is lower spec’d for what I need to test)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Symptoms are similar though

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Does seem that the license utility could use some work. However, is the license for that machine? Have you tried signing up for the free license from the utility? 

The new model of how this works is kinda confusing. Others have had problems as well and has gone through Shlomi to get it soret, but I haven't seen him around for a few days.

Hope it gets sorted.

Regards,
Daniel

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello,

Please provied me in a private message the following details:

• First and Last Name:  
  • Company:  
  • Email Address:  
  • Phone Number:  
  • HOST-ID:

After having this we will send you the license directly.

Adrian

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.