Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

LRlicenceUtility hangs

Jump to solution

Hi,

I have problem that when I am trying to register for free community version of licence every time LR licence utility hangs.

I have tried on several computers and every time same thing.

Can you help me to get licence somehow ?

Regards,

Krešimir 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Re: LRlicenceUtility hangs

Jump to solution

After 2 Skype meetings with support team, finally we located this issue and successfully solved it.

Root Cause: My company blocked the URL which was used for activation.

I contacted our IT department and finally I have the access of above URL and activate immediately.

Thanks for the effort of support team made with extreme patience for my speaking english not so good

Maybe you can implement something to show more human-friendly error messages later, so the users could be more easily to understand why they're failed to activation:)

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi,

Please run the License Utility as Adminidtrator and ensure the Windows account that runs it has write permissions on "%ProgramData%\Micro Focus".

Regards,
Shlomi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Jump to solution

@Shlomi Nissim wrote:

Hi,

Please run the License Utility as Adminidtrator and ensure the Windows account that runs it has write permissions on "%ProgramData%\Micro Focus".

Regards,
Shlomi

Hi Shlomi,

I did exactly as above on my laptop but still get "stop working" issue.

Capture.PNG

With best regards,
Morris Li

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi @MorrisLi,

We will troubleshoot that over a call.

Regards,
Shlomi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Jump to solution
Hi,

Please share solution because I have tried suggested but with no luck.

Regards,

Krešimir
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi @Kprekrat,

Please open a support ticket. We will handle that with you in that context.

Regards,
Shlomi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Jump to solution

After 2 Skype meetings with support team, finally we located this issue and successfully solved it.

Root Cause: My company blocked the URL which was used for activation.

I contacted our IT department and finally I have the access of above URL and activate immediately.

Thanks for the effort of support team made with extreme patience for my speaking english not so good

Maybe you can implement something to show more human-friendly error messages later, so the users could be more easily to understand why they're failed to activation:)

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Thank you for the update Morris.

In the next version we have improved the error handling of the licensing application allready and you wil not experience the crash anymore.

Regards,
Adrian

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.