Highlighted
New Member.

Laodrunner unable to complete script execution after security update

Hello,

Last week an update was made on the servers were the web application we test is installled and after that patch we encounter first that we had to change web_set_sockets_option to TLS1.2. But after that the scripts would have ramdom effects.

In most cases, when running the script, it would stall in one step and remain without advancing until we stop the script which we can´t do normally because after clicking on the stop button the other functions would not work and the only option would be to close the program.

I found that the best way to stop the script when this happens is to stop uttstandalonedebbuger process in task manager.

We tested this using version 12.53 build 1203 and version 12.55 build 0911 in diferent machines.

We haven´t tried to rollback the changes introduced with the security update since it would affect security compliances and I wanted to try to cross off all configuration options before going that way.

I would appreciate any help on this matter.

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Laodrunner unable to complete script execution after security update

Hi Horatio,

This security updates can affect the normal behavior of LR so, could you please engage your IT team to add an exception of VuGen.exe and the HP folder (normally under Program Files x86).

In this way you can avoid to rollback the update and the update will not affect the behavior of LR.

Regards,

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.