Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

License security violation. Please restore proper system time.

Hi Community.

I've benn using the community edition of LoadRunner 12.5 for some months and the tool is truly helpful. But last week, a co-worker came to me for help and while we was trying to explain me something and he changed the system date to a future date. Later then, i tried to restor the date back to how it was before, but now i can't use the controller. The error of the pop-up says "License security violation. Please restore proper system time."

Since it was the free version i though that a re-install would solved it, but i'm still getting the error. 

Is there anyway of doing a clean uninstall? or, do i need to wipe out the OS?

Thanks for the help.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: License security violation. Please restore proper system time.

I don't think this needs an OS wipe out.

this can be because of certain installations refer to the Registry, even though if you roll back your system date to something in past.

may be you can try the following options, after uninstall of the LR,

Search for any file that starts with wlrun.* and vugen.* – Delete the stuff founded.

Go to Start>RUN and enter regedit to remove the following key

HKEY_CURRENT_USER ->Software -> Mercury Interactive -> LoadRunner

(If this helped, accept as solution )
(Posts and opinions made here are my own and do not reflect the opinions of my employer)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: License security violation. Please restore proper system time.

Hello dear Damus,

As you suggest, i tried to do what you mention but with no luck. 

In detail this is what i did:

1.- Open the setup file of the LoadRunner

2.-In the menu, instead of install i choose uninstall.

3.-Restart the pc.

4.-Search for all the wlrun.* and vugen* and deleted them

5.-Search in the regedit any key related to Loadrunner and deleted it.

6.-Restart again the pc

7.-Install the Loadrunner.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.