Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Load Generator CPU exceeds 80 percent

Hi Experts,

Kindly see the attached images, we are having a problem related to CPU utilization on LR server, that on a certain stage reach 100% CPU Utilization, on 80% LR server generates an application error and test scenario iterations fail immediately. We haven’t encountered this error previously, kindly look into it and provide us a solution. Tha

LR version is 11.52

0 Likes
10 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Load Generator CPU exceeds 80 percent

What is the Vuser load? What is the protocol of the scripts used?

Based on the above info do a benchmark test with one Vuser and calculate it accordingly.

0 Likes
Absent Member..

I think you are using same machine as controller and generator. Did you try using different machine as generator and see resource usage of that machine ?

It all depends of what our script does, if it does heavy computations or loops then it might need more CPU than you currently have and you can think of using additional generators.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

CPU and memory utilization foot print will vary from one protocol to another. If u are using controller as load generator to generate huge number of vusers then CPU utilization will touch the roof and some time controller may close abruptly. Protocols like SAP GUI and Ajax Trueclient will consume more resources to generate load.

If u run the vuser as a process than thread then it will consume more CPU and memory so check the runtime settings once.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Hi Experts,

i have installed LR LG on different machine but still same results, it is showing Load Generator CPU exceeds 80 percent error message. i have run only 50 vusers but still it is causing problem and some vuser also fails. i have tried to use Web/Http and true client protocol but same results. please help to solve the issue. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Do you have any Anti-virus running on that machine? Can you please disable and try ?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

yes we have tried by disabling it but same results.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Disable all the logs from the run time settings .. Check only the setting to write the log only if any error occurs .. Try this and check .. could be all the logs which is getting written may eat the LG cpu !

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Are thinktime and pacing disabled? What protocol is being used? It's possible that nothing is wrong and the scenario is really just using a ton of resources.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Hi Syed,

Can u send me the steps to generate graphs regarding CPU and Memory utilization on result.

I am using WEB - http/html protocol. I am getting no data for graphs, Can u help me to sort out this issue.

Regards,

Arun BV

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

I often had that error during a massive execution. The error hasn't effects on the test results, in fact you can see that there aren't failed transactions with that message. 

My suggestion is that of change the virtual-clients distribution among the generators, or control the system state of the single machine used as a generator. 

Lorenzo

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.