Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Load Runner Band Width Simulation

I have a script that will be required to simulate 1000 Vusers. Is it possible to assign custom bandwidths for 100 users as 128kbps, 500 users as 1Mbps and remaining as 2 Mbps?

I do not want to create multiple copies of script! Is it possible by any config or programmatically ?

Tags (2)
0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Load Runner Band Width Simulation

Hi

To the best of my knowladge, it is not possible to assign this type of configuration per different amount of users in one scrtipt.

the only solution is to create copies of the script and configre the emulation per group in the controller (either through RTS or using network virtualizaiton solution).

Question - why do you not want to create copies of the scripts in Controller? curious to understand.

Hope this helps,

Lior

0 Likes
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

I have 30 scripts in all for the tests. I cannot add multiple copies of scripts as it will create too much confusion in maintainance.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

and each of these tests needs to run with the customer configuration you mentioned of specific users in specific bandwidth simulations?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

You don't have to actually create duplicate copies of the script files.

Create separate groups in Controller with the same script, using different RTS values for each group.

Each group will run with the settings assigned to it.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Sorry if I wasn't clear before

what e-Dough wrote is exactly what I meant 🙂

just duplicate the group with the same script, no need to actually create a copy of the script it self.

Thanks,

Lior

0 Likes
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Hmm! OK so there is no other way i can do it using any programming.

To be more clear, in every script i need to distribue Vusers such that they pick up different band widths as per the distribution.

Ok then i think i will need to do as you all mentioned.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.