Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Load Runner Parameterized configuration

Hi All

I would like to seek for your advise, can multiple load runner scripts (TruClient) reading the same parameter file?

If yes, what should I configure in order to meet the below scenario?

The AUT only allow single login at at time, means if user 100 login to the AUT, this user 100 cannot login to the AUT anymore.

I'm parameterizing the user where I have 100 of different user in the paramater file and the configuration that I configured is 

• Select Next Row : Unique
  • Update value on : Each iteration
  • When out of values: Continue in cyclic manner

After configuring the configuration, I test it out on Controller. I assigned 100 Vuser (break them into few load scripts) in the Controller. The error that I got is "insufficient value in the User.dat"

Please advise

Thanks

0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Re: Load Runner Parameterized configuration

Hi All

Any update or advise from you guys?

Thanks

Jun Hao

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi JunHao,

a few questions if I may:

• how may users did you set in the controller scenraio
  • after how long did you get the error message
  • can you please attache the user.dat file?

Thanks,

Lior

0 Likes
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

I assigned 100vuser

i got the error at the beginning of the load test

attached is the user.dat file

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi

can you also paste the part of your code where you call the parameter?

also, just so I understand correctly, you are running several TruClient scripts, each running several dozens of Vusers (summing up in 100) - correct?

this may be the reason why you don't have enough information in the dat file. you mentioned that your application only allows one user to login one time and does not allow that user to login again.

so you may have exhausted your Vusers as defined in your dat file quite fast.

Thanks,

Lior

0 Likes
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Hi

If I understand correctly, assuming that I have 100 of vuser value in the dat file and I also assigned 100 vuser to perform the load test.

assumming that each vuser take 1 unique value, it should be just enough to segregate to all of the vuser.

Correct me if I'm wrong

Thanks

Jun Hao

0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

Hi JunHao,

As per I can understand from your description if you want to run 100 vusers and you have a total 100 accounts (I saw the .dat file) it would be preferable to have all the users in the same script (instead of breaking it into more scripts) and in the parameters settings a better option would be:

• Select Next Row : Unique
  • Update value on : Once

That should make it if I understood correctly, hope it works

Regards

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.