Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Load Runner Proxy recording

Jump to solution

Hi,

I am trying to record an app through mobile device with LR12.5 using Load Runner proxy recording option.

But while recording, I am unable to open the app through mobile and none of the events are getting generated in VuGen.

I have already implemented the below pre-requisites -

1. Both the device and the VuGen are on the same WiFi network

2. Have entered the SSL certificate of the app in the Recording options - Mapping and Filtering.

Kindly help.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Load Runner Proxy recording

Jump to solution

Hi,

If you are using Android device, than Mobile browser will not open it. You need to do the following:

1. Start proxy recording on VuGen machine.

2. Go to http://localhost:8888/proxyroot.cer from IE Browser and download certificate.

3. Copy certificate to root of SD card on mobile device.

4. On mobile device go to "Security Settings" and select "Install from local storage" (or "Install certificate").

Regards,

Mikhail

View solution in original post

17 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Please try by setting WinINet level Data at recording options-->Network--> Portmapping-->Capture lavel

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi,

You need to install the LoadRunner Proxy Certificate in the Mobile device then you will be able to access the App over the proxy.

If you could access the App without LoadRunner Proxy, then the Installation of the LoadRunner Certificate would solve your problem.

Regards,

Karthik S

Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Thanks for the input. 

How do I install the Load Runner proxy certificate in the Mobile device?

I tried hitting http://<LR_machine_IP>:8888/proxyroot.cer, but its not opening in the mobile browser.

Can I get your contact no, so that we can discuss over the phone and get a quick solution to it.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi,

If you are using Android device, than Mobile browser will not open it. You need to do the following:

1. Start proxy recording on VuGen machine.

2. Go to http://localhost:8888/proxyroot.cer from IE Browser and download certificate.

3. Copy certificate to root of SD card on mobile device.

4. On mobile device go to "Security Settings" and select "Install from local storage" (or "Install certificate").

Regards,

Mikhail

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi Mikhail,

Thanks for your help. I was able to download the certificate (It's around1.17kb in size).

Would perform the further process as suggested by you.

A small query though,In the Android device, when i try to change the network settings to manual, what proxy host name should be entered in the Advance settings options(Under Wifi settings)?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Please use VuGen machine IP address as proxy host in Wi-Fi settings.

And one important thing - Please be aware, if you are using LR 12.50 with no patches, install this KB prior to generating the certificate:

https://softwaresupport.hp.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/KM01881983

Reagrds,

Mikhail

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

The URL says "You don't have permission". If possible,can you just send the file to personal info removed.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

What is the process of getting the certificates for iOS devices?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

On iOS devices you can just download it by mobile browser using link below and install it.
http://<VuGen_machine_ip>:8888/proxyroot.cer

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi,

I tried the same process in iOS devices as you suggested.

I was getting the error as "Unable to resolve proxy"

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Did you start the proxy on VuGen machine and set it as proxy in Wi-Fi setting of iOS device?

Regards,

Mikhail

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.