Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Load Runner Recording

Hi Folks,

I have to record a application flow which can be opened only by Internet Explorer 9 that too only through "Run as different user" mode with credentials?

Bcoz the loadrunner captures only the IE windows which is opened by 'Record" Option. But I have to start IE separately as run as 'different user" and navigate the applciation.

Please help me to resolve this issue?

Also I tried like giving "web_set_user" fucntion with credentials in init and started recording but it's asking me to replace the old record which mean replacing the web_set_user.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Load Runner Recording

Take a look here:

/t5/Performance-Center-Practitioners/Loadrunner-VuGen-scripting-detecting-2nd-browser-window/td-p/4610226

and set it for both 32 and 64-bit processes.

LR R&D
0 Likes
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Re: Load Runner Recording

Hello, 

I think you can either try proxy recording, refer to here:

http://hpe-vugen-8dtl-staging.s3.amazonaws.com/en/12.55/help/WebHelp/Content/VuGen/t_HowToRecordViaAProxy.htm

Or if you prefer the traditional hook mode recording, just select record windows application, and record the "C:\windows\system32\runas.exe" and pass the correct parameters to it to start your browser. 

LoadRunner by default should be able to hook into child processes.

Regards,

Bingle(LoadRunner R&D)

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.