Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Load Runner Scripting for AWS Workspace VM using AWS Workspace client

I am trying to develope a LR script for AWS Workspace VM using PCoIP Protocol. I am using AWS Workspace client to connect the workspace and i am able to records all the actions i performed in workspace VDI, but i am not able to replay the script. I am getting the below error message while replaying the script,

Get broker auth method error=200
Pre-session initialization failed
Internal Error: pcoip_connect() failed, aborting...

Please advise if any settings needs to be done in LR or AWS workspace to overcome this issue. 

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

Re: Load Runner Scripting for AWS Workspace VM using AWS Workspace client

Hi James,

The error indicates that the name resolution (DNS) of broker failed. To solve this, you could try to add the DNS address used by your directory service to the list of DNS servers in the Connection Manager's config. Below you can see how to obtain the DNS address.Untitled.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Thanks Duduclonut 🙂 . Since i am new to AWS, can you pls share the step to make the changes in Connection Manager?

Thanks in Advance.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

Hi,

Currently LR does not officially support recording using other clients than the one provided within the installation folder (<LR install dir>\bin\pcoip\pcoip_client.exe). Some events may be captured  when recording against the AWS client, because it seems to have been implemented using the same Teradici SDK that was used for implementing the PCoIP client that is provided with LR. However the replay will most likely not work, as AWS Workspace is not yet officially supported.

Best regards,

Ionut

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.