Highlighted
New Member..
New Member..

Load Runner not able to identify the screens of citrix based application

Hi Team,

I am using Load Runner 12.01. I am trying to record a flow using Citrix Ica protocol. Application is hosted on Xenapp 6.5 server with windows 2008 os. 

When i try to record using citrix protocol, load runner is recording all the actions performed on application except the window details on which the actions are performed like window name, co-ordinates etc. i tried to use the inbuilt method to identify the window but that instruction failed with following error "Error: C interpreter run time error: Action.c (21):  Error -- memory violation : Exception ACCESS_VIOLATION received." 

But we were able to record the scripts using ICA protocol on pervious XenApp versions like Xenapp 4.5. Now the Xenapp version got upgraded to 6.5 and OS got upgraded from Windows 2003 to Windows 2008 server.

After the Xenapp and OS upgrades we are facing the above issue.

Can anyone please help me how to resolve this issue.

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Load Runner not able to identify the screens of citrix based application

Please make sure that you are getting into new session during record. It is a known limitation of Citrix Client software - it doesn't deliver window events when connected to existing session.

You can ask your Citrix administrator to configure sessions on the Citrix server to be terminated immediately after disconnect/log off. Also you can add ctrx_logoff() at the end of your script to gracefully close the session at replay.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.