Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Load runner Installation implications on server

Hi All,

I have an application hosted on AWS, on which i need to do performance testing.

Is it ok to install the Load Runner on my laptop, instead of hosted server and what are the implications , like latency and others ?

Regards,

Arun BV

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Load runner Installation implications on server

Hi Arun,

1st of all - this is the StormRunner Load community forum, for all LoadRunner related questions, please use the LoadRunner partcitioners forum here.

2nd - if you plan to run a load test from a single installation of LoadRunner, I'd recommend against installing it on your laptop as it will not be able to carry out the load (that is assuming you want to run a load of more than 50 Vusers).

if you application is open to the Internet, you have several options:

• You can run the load from your data center and make sure you have outbound access to the Internet.
  • You can use cloud load generators on AWS to better access the application
  • You can use StormRunner Load that is completely cloud based.

Hope this helps,

Lior

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.