Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Load runner test execution for RDP(Remote Desktop Protocol) scripts

Can someone please help me in understanding basic requirements to execute RDP Scripts in loadrunner.

I have created few RDP scripts which are working fine in VUgenerator. Now in order to execute it with multiple users what all things need to be taken care.

Have came across some information. Need to have Terminal Server license.Have couple of queries.

1. Do we need to have a microsoft Terminal server license?

2. Do we need to have Loadrunner Remote desktop access license?

3. If points1 and 2 are correct then how to set up Loadgenerator and Controller?

Kindly elabourate required setup information and designing loadtest approach.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: Load runner test execution for RDP(Remote Desktop Protocol) scripts

1. yes you should have MS TS license.

2. Yes you should have LoadRunner RDP protocol license.

However, Microsoft has a "grace period" policy. A new setup TS server will have free TS license for 180 days.

As to LoadRunner, the community license has 50 free vusers, and it supports RDP protocol.

So you can verify the TS replay quickly without extra fee.

Before run the rdp script to test TS service, you should guarantee the license info is availabe in the LG machine, and not expired. You can run the MS rdp client to retrieve/udpate the license in your LG machine.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Re: Load runner test execution for RDP(Remote Desktop Protocol) scripts

Before run the rdp script to test TS service, you should guarantee the license info is availabe in the LG machine, and not expired. You can run the MS rdp client to retrieve/udpate the license in your LG machine.

Could you please elabourate above point?Have couple of queries.

1. Does this mean I need to install Load runner controller in WIndows Server Machine(Terminal Services are configured)?

or Load generator machine should have Windows server operating system and terminal services up and running ?

2.  In a restricted  envrironment, do we need to take IT team help to get the Terminal Services setup done?

As per my knowledge, setting up terminal services would require Configuring Domain Controller followed by confuguring remote desktop services. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Detailed information on all above would be appreciated!

Thanks in Advance,

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.