Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Load test and performance test with mobile application

Jump to solution

Dear experts,

I am a new LR, i am plan to test for my company mobile application, but some test way still does not understood clearly below:

1. Mobile web application test: We can use trueclient for web mobile or use *pcap file from packetcapture tools for record script after we use Controller for setup test schedule and number Vuser want to run on Test scenario (Excam: Vuser = 1000).

So please guide for me if me understood wrong.

2. Mobile native and hybrid application:

- We can use trueclient for native or hybrid application and connect to real device and record script. But when we replay script which will reconnect to real mobile device and replay application process.  if we want to test with 1000 mobile device access application so we need to use 1000 real mobile right? or have other way to test with large number device (On mobile testing number devices be understood is Vuser right?).

- Can we use capture mobile application traffic tool for capture traffic of native, web, hybird application and record script through *.pcap file or capture traffic tool only used for mobile web application.

Best regards,

Tutv

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Re: Load test and performance test with mobile application

Jump to solution

Dear Tutv,

Regarding your concern, I would like to share with you some information. LoadRunner provides some protocols for mobile testing:
- Mobile application (HTTP/HTML) protocol: you can choose multi options for this protocol, you can read more in Load Runner User Guide and the attached links.
+ analyze traffic from pcap file.
+ proxy recording: Use Proxy Recording in LoadRunner for Mobile Applications

- Truclient Mobile Web protocol: you can choose the devices to simulate the interface of the chosen mobile device.

- Truclient Native Mobile- intergate with Mobile Center, you can refer more information about Mobile Center from this link: http://mobilecenter.hpe.com/Content/LRTC-Mobile/mobile_on_LR_script_record.htm

About your question -mobile native application (1000 mobile device access application), as I mention above, if you use Truclient Native Mobile , you need to use Mobile Center so please contact Mobile Center team for this question. Or you can post the question in this forum: /t5/Mobile-Center/ct-p/MobileCenter

About your question- capture traffic of native, if you can capture the traffice file for your mobile native application so you can use that file to generate the script.

Regards,

Chau Nguyen | SW Technical Support Consultant.
LoadRunner and Performance Center

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
12 Replies
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Dear Tutv,

Regarding your concern, I would like to share with you some information. LoadRunner provides some protocols for mobile testing:
- Mobile application (HTTP/HTML) protocol: you can choose multi options for this protocol, you can read more in Load Runner User Guide and the attached links.
+ analyze traffic from pcap file.
+ proxy recording: Use Proxy Recording in LoadRunner for Mobile Applications

- Truclient Mobile Web protocol: you can choose the devices to simulate the interface of the chosen mobile device.

- Truclient Native Mobile- intergate with Mobile Center, you can refer more information about Mobile Center from this link: http://mobilecenter.hpe.com/Content/LRTC-Mobile/mobile_on_LR_script_record.htm

About your question -mobile native application (1000 mobile device access application), as I mention above, if you use Truclient Native Mobile , you need to use Mobile Center so please contact Mobile Center team for this question. Or you can post the question in this forum: /t5/Mobile-Center/ct-p/MobileCenter

About your question- capture traffic of native, if you can capture the traffice file for your mobile native application so you can use that file to generate the script.

Regards,

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Chau Nguyen,

Thanks for you answer,

Could i have your contact: phone number or skype? i have some question need to ask for more clearly.

My email: tutv@hpt.vn

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hi Tutv,

I am sorry I do not have the direct phone number, please post your questions here or open a support ticket in HPE Site - https://softwaresupport.hpe.com, HPE support engineer will contact you directly (via mail and phone)

Thank you.

Regards,

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Chau Nguyen,

About recording by proxy.

I already set the Vugent server the proxy port listen port is 8888, and configured my mobile used proxy server is Vugent server and 8888 port, the mobile and Vugen server are same wifi network, my mobile application use internet connection. But from my mobile can not access to the internet affter setup proxy server on my mobile.

So do i have to more configuration on mobile or Vgen server ?

Rgds,

Tutv

0 Likes
Highlighted

Jump to solution

HI Tutv,

Are your mobile and your Vugen machine in the same network range? You need to configure proxy setting in your mobile is Vugen IP address and you also need both devices in same network too. If your mobile is using network range :a.b.c.d and your Vugen is d.e.f.g so even you set proxy in your mobile is a.b.c.d, so you can not access to the Internet.

Regards,

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Chau Nguyen,

Mobile and Vugen server are same network.

Please check attached file, after i set proxy for mobile, the mobile can not access to internet

Do i need configure more?

Rgds,

Tutv

0 Likes
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hi Tutv,

Please check if the port 8888 is used by other process, you can change to other port or kill that process.

Moreover, please check if your Vugen has Firewall enable or your Vugen machine has multiple network cards then you need to disable Firewall and disable the other network cards and only keep one.

Regards,

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Chau Nguyen,

Port 8888 only open when i start Vugen recording, firewall already disable, all network adapter has disable accept Wifi but mobile still can not connect to internet.

Do i configure more?

Rgds,

Tutv

0 Likes
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hi Tutv,

No, it is all configuration. Please open a support ticket in HPE site (https://softwaresupport.hpe.com) so our support engineer can have a session with you to check Vugen.

Thank you.

Regards,

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Chau Nguyen,

I will recheck on my enviroment.

one more question for mobile testing.

When we have to using mobile load test? how many way mobile load test if we using loadrunner? and concept of Vuser on Mobile testing

When we have using moble performance test? how many way mobile performance test if we using loadrunner?

Thanks,

Tutv

0 Likes
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hi Tutv,

You can refer this link about Who’s up for some mobile performance testing?

I also mention 3 ways (protocols) for mobile testing in my first post.

Thank you.

Regards,

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.