LoadRunner 12.0 Vs Flex Applicaiton Recording , Enahancement Issues
I have tried two types of recoring in LR12.0 for a flex application.
1. Enbling Serialize Externalizible objects. use Lcds/Blazed jars.( It gives me binary codes as web cusotme request)
Failing to enhance the same then.
2. Do not Serialize Externalizible objects ( It gaves me flex_remoting_call in script window. But parametrisation and correlation is failing for the same.
I have used single FLEX protocol for recording on my IE10 browser.
Can anyone please suggest the recording options for working on a Flex applicaiton by LR 12.0
When recording a Flex application, it is recommended to provide the JAR files which are being used in order to interact with the client (usually - data structures).
You can add these JAR files on VuGen:
Recording Options -> Flex -> Externalizable Objects
Check the "use additional jars" checkbox, add the relevenat JAR files, and then - regenerate the script.
Thanks Roy !
i have added few jar files and regenerated Vuser without binayr code.
i have collected a number of jar files for the same. As I dont have much idea about these files can you suggest me the names of files whcih i have to add.
Below is the list of JARs i found to aviod flex.
Also i have added a bundle of Granite Ds files too... Does it really required to add these files..
i have used recording settings as suggested by u.
Do we need to keep anyother options enabled/disabled for recording on a flex applicaiton.
If you can confirm on jar files . I can proceed with few parametrization and correlation issues..
I have recorded a script and done auto correlation. But few doubts
. for a single session iD itself design studio has created multiple parameters.
. I know i have to corrleate my cusotmer ID as it is autognerated and is dynamic. But when i search for the same with 'corrleate selection'( by clicking mouse right button on customer iD) it is giving no record found result in occurance window.
If I search manually i can see the value in request reponse . i have done a manual corrleation for the same by giving left , right boundray of the value.
After a reply i am getting failure in output window saying unable to find parameter Customer ID.
Can anyone please suggest on this..
Attached is a sample action code from my script.
Finally i have recorded a business flow and done correlation using design studio. But my Token ID from a flex_amf_call is not able to correlate. (Loadrunner 12.0)
Please see the below steps used
1 . Recoded the aplicaiton functional flow.
2. Use Desgin studio to correlate JsessionID and DSID
3. Parameterise wherever required as per the fucntional flow.
4. Replay the script.
5. Script will give a Pass in output . But the actuall transactions will not happen.
6. After a code search found token ID should be correlated.
7. It appears in a flex_amf_call request.
8. Searched for the 1st occurance of the same in Snapshot response Body.
9. Snapshots Text view is not giving any option to correlate . So switched to XML mode.
10. I am using an 8GB ,i5 PC but my VuGen get stcuk and a very delayed response for each click . we have experianced this many times in different PCs. Not sure whether we need to change any VUgen config property update for the same.
Please suggest on this.
11. So finallly in Response Body of snapshot i can see correlation option in a readonly mode. Then how do we correlate such values.
Attached is a snapshot for my tokeID response body.
Can anyone please suggest on this............
hi , Now my manual coreelation is also success . and am able to handle my token ID using Xpath.
seems i can proceed with the logic of extracting a substing and findout the actual value from substing.
i have used two functions like
So please share thoughts if anyone usning anyother methods to extract a dynamic value from complex xml.
my methods are bit complex if different dynamic value with same left , right boundary.
Hello, I'm going to record Flex application using LR 12. I have few doubts before I start. Please correct me wherever necessary.
1. Should I go for MultIple protocol (Flex + Web) OR only Flex will do?
2. Adding jar files is mandatory?
3. Is there any settings needs to be done at Environment variable level?