Highlighted
kevin123y Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: LoadRunner 12.01 Released!

Jump to solution

i am new to LoadRunner and want to learn it. I downloaded 'HP LoadRunner 12.01 Community Edition' and want to practice it with 'HP Web Tours' server and application. 

But I could not find it under folder: HP->LoadRunner->Samples

by Googling it, I expected to see: HP->LoadRunner->Samples->Web->...

Do I have to download other packages such as : 

HP LoadRunner 12.01 Community Edition Additional Components, 

HP LoadRunner 12.01 Community Edition Standalone Applications,

HP LoadRunner 12.01 Community Edition User Interface Packs, or

HP LoadRunner tutorial ???

Please help. thanks.

0 Likes
IgorM Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hello Sir,

Under "HP->LoadRunner->Samples->Web->" you should have:

• Start HP Web Tours Server - this shortcut starts the web server with the sample app. Run it first.
    Alternatively, you can do the following:
    - Go to LoadRunner installation folder -> WebTours. In my PC it is "C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\LoadRunner\WebTours"
    - Run StartServer.bat
  • HP Web Tours Application - this shortcut opens the browser to access the web app. It points to "http://127.0.0.1:1080/WebTours/index.htm".
    Run it second.

You don't need to download and install the other "community edition" packages in order to have the 'HP Web Tours' working.

Igor Markov
R&D Manager, Performance Engineering Core
0 Likes
janicelewis145 Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hello,

LoadRunner 12.01 is a complete installation package, that includes all LoadRunner 12.00 and LoadRunner 12.00 patch 1 content. I already have LoadRunner 12.00 installed. During the installation process, will I have the option of only installing the patch 1 content? 

I ask this because I have heard there is not an option of just installing the patch 1 and the installation file fails to uninstall LR 12.00 before it does the complete install of the newer version.  If this is true, are there instructions of how to manually do a complete uninstall of LR12 before installing this version?

0 Likes
Honored Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hello,

You are right - LoadRunner 12.01 is a complete installation package. It is packaed this way in order to minimize the installation time when installing LR 12.01 (no need to perform two installations). There is no need to to uninstall LR 12.00 prior to installing LR 12.01. This is done automatically - when you run LR 12.01 installation, it automatically uninstalls relevant 12.00 components and installs 12.01. Your user settings are kept.

However if you still want to uninstall 12.00 manually before installing 12.01, you can do that by simply uninstalling it from Windows "Control Panel -> Program and Features" (select "HP LoadRunner" and click "Uninstall" button).

After uninstalling LR, if you also want to delete all the user settings then: a. go to the path where LR was installed and delete the remaining files/folders; b. go to "%APPDATA%\Hewlett-Packard" folder and delete "LoadRunner" folder.

Regards,

Igor Markov
0 Likes
Frequent Contributor.

Jump to solution

Thank you for your response Igor. However, on two different machines now, after 15 minutes of install, the install failed because it could not remove the directories associated with the sample web application. I had to use unlocker.exe to delete the LR directory, before I could install 12.01.

Did HP even QA this installation iso? Do you have actual circumstances of this working?

0 Likes
Absent Member.. yoavw Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hi,

I am Yoav the LoadRunner QA team Manager.

I would like to get more details(will send in private)

as this did not occur/reproduced in our testing,

I would like to understand if you have a unique case/settings.

Thanks, Yoav

0 Likes
Frequent Contributor.

Re: LoadRunner 12.01 Released! (Performance Monitor for MSSQL)

Jump to solution

Hello again,

I see in the Loadrunner Support Matrix 12.00 dated March 2014, the Performance Monitors and Add-in section lists the following MSSQL versions are supported: 2005, 2008, and 2008 R2. When will it support MSSQL 2012?

Do you have any suggestions on how I can monitor MSSQL 2012 using LoadRunner 12.01 since it does not supply the add-in to monitor it?

0 Likes
Absent Member.. yoavw Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

I would check the SiteScope monitoring server integration with LR for this kind of monitoring.

thanks, Yoav

0 Likes
vani_Reddy Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

hi,

What is the Protocol bundle for LR 12.1? Is it uses the same as LR 12?

0 Likes
vvelichko Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi,

I'm not sure if "Protocol" bundle exists. Can you tell me please some details where you find such name?

0 Likes
bluesaphire Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: LoadRunner 12.50 Released!

Jump to solution

Where i can find the web tour in HP Load runner 12.50 and how to make it work ?? cant find it Plz help

0 Likes
Honored Contributor.

Re: LoadRunner 12.50 Released!

Jump to solution

Please post your product and technical questions in LoadRunnerSupport Forum.

To your question: once you install LoadRunner, go to Start menu -> Programs -> HP Software -> HP LoadRunner -> Documentation -> Tutorial, open the tutorial, and you will find al lthe instructions right there.

Igor Markov
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.