Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

LoadRunner 12.50 recording problem

Running 12.50 in a VM under Windows Server 2012 R2 Datacenter with 6gb RAM. SInce upgrading from 12.02 to 12.50 (5 days ago)  I am unable to get anything to record in the new installation. Using WEB/HTTP protocol, once recorder starts, the IE browser just returns "This page cant be displayed" error. On clicking 'Fix Connection Problems' in the browser display, it just says there are no connection issues. No actual errors are logged in the log file so I have no idea where LR has an issue.

Running scripts that worked under 12.02, I got 404 not found returned, but after faffing around with the proxy settings and set the browser emulation to IE 10 it seemed to fix the re running issues.

Wierd thing is I can connect to the affected URL's outside LoadRunner using IE,  so IE seems to work OK but wont connect in record mode. This is really holding me up.

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Re: LoadRunner 12.50 recording problem

Hi,

Please find the attached the system requirement for LoadRunner 12.50. 

Check the Notes hightlighted in the attachment. It seems like the IE is causing the issue as per the LR 12.5 readme file. Also let me know about whether it is a 32 or 64 bit version(OS)

LR 12.5_ System Requirement.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

IE is version 11 ( Version 11.0.9600.18231) Update Version 11.0.29.

OS is 64 bit version. 

In VuGen, I set the browser emulation ( Replay - Runtime Settings - Browser - BrowserEmulation ) to be IE version 11. and can now execute a previously working script OK.

However, how do I set the same in the record options to force recorder to use IE 11?. 

Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi  darkstar1,

Please share the solution if the issue is fixed. Thanks

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.