Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

LoadRunner 12.53 Support to Java 1.7

Experts,

I am testing Java thick client appliation which is build on Java 1.7_80 version. When I tried to build a load runner script with LR 11, it crashed as LR 11 has built in Java 1.6. Hence, I tried with LR 12.02 which has Java 1.7, I am able to build and run the script.

We have LR 12.53 license and 12.53 has built in Java 1.8. Will I be able to execute my tests with 12.53? When I tried from Vugen, the application crashes while loading. Is this a java incompatability issue?

Please suggest, if an application that is built on Java 1.7 can be test with LR 12.53 or not.

thanks

Balaji

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: LoadRunner 12.53 Support to Java 1.7

Hi

LoadRunner 12.53 has backwards compatibility for Java 1.7 and it can run load test on such applications.

You can point the script RTS to point directly to the specifoc JDK directory of your choice.

Good Luck,

Lior

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.